2nd instar E. campestratus: Burrowin' Fools!

NChromatus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
These guys make me laugh. Check out just one example of the work they put into their burrows- at 2nd instar.

ALL the way down:

And around (Wilbur on his "promenade"):

Volcano:

We've seen this level of burrowing in juvies like this guy:

but we really didn't expect it from guys that just got their legs working a month ago. They're even born with the "Get to work!" instinct. The force is strong in them :}

Great Basin Ben

Arachnosquire
Are you wearing the latex gloves with the Juvie, because you're allergic to their urticating hairs? I somehow always thought that the Pink Zebra Beauties were NOT prolific hair kickers. I'm very curious?

NChromatus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just noobishness, being extra careful about the hairs and biting. That was the first time my gf had ever held a tarantula.

Are you wearing the latex gloves with the Juvie, because you're allergic to their urticating hairs? I somehow always thought that the Pink Zebra Beauties were NOT prolific hair kickers. I'm very curious?

Great Basin Ben

Arachnosquire
Just noobishness, being extra careful about the hairs and biting. That was the first time my gf had ever held a tarantula.

Cool! I too am very "Noobish" about a lot of things too. Congrats, on being able to get your significant other to muster the courage to hold a T. My wife will likely NEVER be so brave, but she's still quite supportive of this amazing hobby. Congratulations also, on these AMAZING little beauties!!!

The Spider Faery

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
E. campestratus is one of the safest bets for handling. They really are characteristically docile.

The strangest sensation is getting used to their little claws clinging to you. They feel like velcro or something and they like to stick on to you, though it doesn't hurt. :)