2CM Sized Slings

Lindt J

Arachnopeon
Ok so I recently bought 3 arboreal slings, P. Irminia, P. Cambridgei and an H. Maculata. I was wondering if I could feed them meal worms? Would that be alright?

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
I offer thirds to my slings of this size. They can always get more, and usually its less of a mess because they tend to eat up..

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Psalmos almost seem to prefer prekilled prey because they are such chickens :D
Must be just yours. Tthe last one I raised to adult (irminia) ate everything like it was starving, sometimes the prey barley hit the substrate before she pounced. Thia was from a sling to adult. So I guess "Your mileage may vary" I would hate to see them hunt in packs ;)

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
Must be just yours. Tthe last one I raised to adult (irminia) ate everything like it was starving, sometimes the prey barley hit the substrate before she pounced. Thia was from a sling to adult. So I guess "Your mileage may vary" I would hate to see them hunt in packs ;)
geez, mine all attack movement of any kind.
I was referring to slings mostly. They always tend to hide when I open the enclosure and takes them quite a while to show up for a meal.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I was referring to slings mostly. They always tend to hide when I open the enclosure and takes them quite a while to show up for a meal.
Don't worry, once they reach like, 2,5cm legspan they will stop hiding from food and attack everything that moves, slapping everything along the way :D
At least, that's what my P.pulchers do.

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
Don't worry, once they reach like, 2,5cm legspan they will stop hiding from food and attack everything that moves, slapping everything along the way :D
At least, that's what my P.pulchers do.
Well my irminia is still hesitant to come pick out in the open to hunt down the roach, but my pulcher is slowly getting there.. But must say, that P. ecclesiasticus is the best eater I've had from the genus. It eats like mad. :D

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
Btw, can I feed them twice a day?
That's not necessary.. When they become adults 2 times a week is plenty.. Tarantulas eat for a long time, so if you fed them twice a day, eating is what you would mostly see them do. Once a day or 5 times a week is more than enough.

cold blood

Staff member
I wa referring to slings as well...yours sound broken...lol.

Ime theres few things as agressive as a young psalmo.