$250 for a.braunshauseni

Crazyarachnoguy

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter
A reptile store near me is selling a sub adult for $250, is this too much? Leg span is maybe 5”

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Yeah, that's too expensive for an unsexed specimen. There was a WC import of A. avic morphtype #2 (ex. A. braunshauseni) recently, so that explains why there is some in the US recently. But that price is ridiculous high for that unsexed specimen, so that is not worth the price.

Crazyarachnoguy

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter
Okay thank you! It’s so tempting since I can’t find any for sale that are that size:/, oh well... they have prolly over 100 t’s at this store, so I guess I’ll choose a different one haha. Would it be worth it if it was female?

cold blood

Staff member
At that size, a male would either be mature, or penultimate. If female, it would be mature...price is still high for a female, although not as out of whack as most pet stores...but only if its female.....its highway robbery if that thing is male. Its not a very common species in terms of availability.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Its not a very common species in terms of availability.
Agreed, but there's quite a lot of WC imported to the US recently. So price is actually ranging in the $50-$80 for them at the moment. Sizes of specimens imported ranges from 3.5''-5'' and in quite the numbers. So very good time for breeders to try and get a pair or so, but then again this A. avic morphtype #2 (ex. A. braunshauseni) import was from reptile vendors. So be warned if you get some other avic by accident. I don't know what collectors do the reptile vendors know, but hopefully it's someone who knows what they're collecting for export into the hobby.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
A reptile store near me is selling a sub adult for $250, is this too much? Leg span is maybe 5”
WAY too expensive, even if it was an adult female.

Make sure you get a pic and post here of it. To the casual looker. A. avic, and A. brau. can look identical, even though they aren't.

Agreed, but there's quite a lot of WC imported to the US recently. So price is actually ranging in the $50-$80 for them at the moment. Sizes of specimens imported ranges from 3.5''-5'' and in quite the numbers. So very good time for breeders to try and get a pair or so, but then again this A. avic morphtype #2 (ex. A. braunshauseni) import was from reptile vendors. So be warned if you get some other avic by accident. I don't know what collectors do the reptile vendors know, but hopefully it's someone who knows what they're collecting for export into the hobby.
I saw some pop up myself recently, had a very, very strong feeling they were WC, thanks for confirming.

Crazyarachnoguy

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter
Well guys, I got it anyway. Not only that but I got two of them. They weren’t as big as I first remembered. Prolly 3”. Also picked up a mature female p.fasciata! I’ll post pictures when I get home.