>:(

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a BIG problem. You see, I have two little obnoxious cousins running around my house, right? Well you see, one of them got into my room, and OPENED a cage (my auratums that was a day or two from molting) and she decided to run out the cage cause he didnt close it all the way. Great. I had a killer cat running around my room at the time, and the chances of him seeing the spider and eating it are quite high. Lovely. I have a little 1.5" baby flame knee running around my room (if not eaten.) how do I catch him? I am PISSED.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looking for her everywhere. Thats how you catch her.

Next time you should be more responsable, if it were a Pokie your cousin might had a very bad time.
And this is why I dont agree with selling hots like the rest of the T's.

Slimdean

Arachnopeon
I would put rolled towels under your door jam so it doesn't creep out of your room. Keep the cat out, and those cousins too. then just start looking in what would be a good hidey hole or dark, secluded areas. Any ways that what i did for loose gerbils, dont know about your T. Good luck, and I hope you find your ll darling.

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Fran; No mean to be mean. I am very responsible.. Let me take that back. Your not being mean. You are giving me the wrong answer. I didnt ask for that. And my other 15 year old cousin DID loose a pokie of mine, and never found it. I swear, they are paying me back cause it wad a miranda.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Your not being mean. You are giving me the wrong answer. I didnt ask for that.
What is the answer you are looking for? you might wanna let me know ahead of time, so i know what to answer.

How do you look for a spider? LOOKING FOR IT.
I mean, theres no other way around it.
Is not like you are gonna put a piece of chese in the middle of the room and you are gonna find her later munching on it.

If you have ANY experience with spiders then you know how they behave.
so look accordingly. And if you alloed your cousins to mess with your t cages then you are NOT RESPONSABLE in the least.

Im not being mean, im just telling you how it is.

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I didnt let them. They are little brats who run around the house knocking on windows at 5 in the morning, and steal, and what not. I was doing chores and they snuck into my room.

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, the miranda was about a year and a half ago. Thats gonna be hard finding it. And the auratum isnt in this room.. I basically stripped it.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Instead of being on here,look for the spider. THEN,if found,or once you give up,pull out the stronghand on those cousins............

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Yeah, the miranda was about a year and a half ago. Thats gonna be hard finding it. And the auratum isnt in this room.. I basically stripped it.
We had a 3 inch boehmei on the loose for a week.It ended up being in the SAME room we tore apart. It took our cat to find it...........

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi, well 1.5" should be large enough to find. I would do what the other poster suggested and block the door to the room so it can't get out of the room and then just get that flashlight and search and search. I hope your cat didn't get it - both for the tarantula and the cat. Good luck and let us know if you find it. (And ignore the rude posters on here who don't help you but just criticize. Everyone makes mistakes at one time or another.)

Mez

Arachnoknight
Seriously, thats pretty bad. A simple lock will keep children at bay. Remember, youre the grown up, they are kids. Put a lock on the door, and this wouldnt happen. Its very irrisponsible, and a quick search and not finding the T shouldnt be the end of it (clearly like it was with the pokie). Keep looking, use common sense, look in hiding places, keep your floor clean so there are only certain places to hide. Follow the likely trail it took out of its cage.
Damn. Hope you find it, and buy a lock.

Upjohn252

Arachnopeon
You said your T was a couple days away from molting, are you saying it was vulnerable to being eaten by your cat? Was there hairs left on the abdomen?
Unless the spider was incapacitated it is likely your cat would have gotten a faceful of hairs and certainly a mouthful of hairs if it actually consumed the animal. There would also be hairs, assorted T body parts and spider gook, assuming it was a decent sized T. Looking in your cats mouth and observing its behaviour is one way to look into it.

Ever heard the saying "You look like the cat who swallowed the canary"?
The cat is gunna look guilty as HELL, a sure sign..;P

Ok that last part was just a joke...good luck

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Seriously, thats pretty bad. A simple lock will keep children at bay. Remember, youre the grown up, they are kids. Put a lock on the door, and this wouldnt happen. Its very irrisponsible, and a quick search and not finding the T shouldnt be the end of it (clearly like it was with the pokie). Keep looking, use common sense, look in hiding places, keep your floor clean so there are only certain places to hide. Follow the likely trail it took out of its cage.
Damn. Hope you find it, and buy a lock.
My guess is this person IS a kid.....98 in the name, cousins that are little......just sayin'.

About the cat - yes, I was thinking the same thing. If the cat got it, he would be hurting.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My guess is this person IS a kid.....98 in the name, cousins that are little......just sayin'.

About the cat - yes, I was thinking the same thing. If the cat got it, he would be hurting.
No guessing. He IS a kid.

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Uhm, did I ask for my age to be brought into this? Is said "little cousins." is a 13 year old not aloud to have little cousins?

valcan222

Arachnopeon
There was no reason for anyone here to bring you're age into this. And yes by all means a 13 year old can have younger cousins.

I say take all the positive advice and continue searching, as others have said make sure the T can not leave the room get your flashlight and just keep looking. Dark places to hide and places you would least expect. We all have unfortunate things happen to us at one point, so just keep looking and let us know how it goes.

Best of luck to you
Brian

Warren Bautista

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Uhm, did I ask for my age to be brought into this? Is said "little cousins." is a 13 year old not aloud to have little cousins?
Nope, someone was just correcting someone on saying you were an adult.

You gonna argue with people on the internet or are you gonna look for that spider?

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I do both, and I am looking very hard. It happened at some point when I was asleep, so he may have already escaped to the garage D: But, he may be in this room still (probably is).

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
I do both, and I am looking very hard. It happened at some point when I was asleep, so he may have already escaped to the garage D: But, he may be in this room still (probably is).
Wait, I thought you were doing chores when it happened. Unless you were sleep-vacuuming! I've been there...

At any rate, it's pretty small, so it can fit into almost any crevice. I think your best hope is to just keep an eye out in your room at night or whenever, and keep it sealed at all times, to prevent it from getting out. So keep that towel under the door. Just hope it wasn't inadvertently squished while you moved stuff around.