>:(

mOtOjUnKiE

Arachnopeon
That sucks losing a spider!!! One of my pokie slings squeezed out through a TINY air hole in their container, and I noticed immediately & stripped my entire office, I was freaking out, I didn't want my dog to eat it or get bit by it..and after searching for a few days...my boyfriend said "Hey you should come look at this spider on the crack near the ceiling, it looks like a tarantula-type spider!", so I walked into the next room & there was my little .5" pokie sling...squished up in the corner of where the wall meets the ceiling.

Just don't give up, you'll find your spiders eventually!;)

Rob1985

This user has no status.
My OBT got out years ago... found her under my pillow which at the time sat near the radiator on the floor boards. I started looking, flipped the pillow and then saw the threat posture.

I wish you the best of luck, start looking EVERYWHERE!

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh man.. You see, my cousin opened it, and didnt close it.. So, at night, it escaped! I know this, cause when I glanced at its cage, I saw her in there. But, I didnt see the top of the container slightly cracked open.. And the problem here guys, is that, its a terrestrial. So, unfortunatly, its crawling around the ground somwehere. And, when I was asleep, I didnt have a towel under the door.. My room, is like IN the garage (the room is right next to it, you open the door, and the garage is right there.), and the crack under the door, is like 1"! So, if s/he did manage to get through the crack, im never gonna find it. :wall: :(

mOtOjUnKiE

Arachnopeon
AHHHHH that sucks!!! You should make sure you only lose arboreals next time LOL j/k ;)

Next time the rugrats come over, I'd hide all my spiders in my parents' closet or something & ask them to lock their door! lol

Who knows though...sometimes tarantulas don't wander very far, you just gotta keep looking! And make sure you don't leave piles of clothes all over the floor & step on them...you never know who might be hiding under them!

Keep looking!!!!!

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh man.. You see, my cousin opened it, and didnt close it.. So, at night, it escaped! I know this, cause when I glanced at its cage, I saw her in there. But, I didnt see the top of the container slightly cracked open.. And the problem here guys, is that, its a terrestrial. So, unfortunatly, its crawling around the ground somwehere. And, when I was asleep, I didnt have a towel under the door.. My room, is like IN the garage (the room is right next to it, you open the door, and the garage is right there.), and the crack under the door, is like 1"! So, if s/he did manage to get through the crack, im never gonna find it. :wall: :(
Just because it's a terrestrial doesn't mean it's going to stick to the ground.

Look everywhere, not just low. :rolleyes:

mOtOjUnKiE

Arachnopeon

SO TRUE!!! What if the spider was hiding in the pile of dirty clothes on your floor, and you picked the clothes up & put them on the bed while searching for him...then he crawled out of the clothes onto your bed..then maybe onto a nearby nightstand, or up onto a dresser, etc.

SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Lolita

Arachnoknight
this is why I dont agree with selling hots like the rest of the T's.
I'm slightly conflicted on this sentence, on one hand i agree whole heartedly that anything that venomous should be more regulated permits ect involved. so that younger kids don't get them as first T's (hey i have seen it happen) or anything like that. But on the other hand the more regulations do make it easier for them to be banned in general in the pet trade i think anyone buying any particularly venomous or aggressive T should be required to either keep them locked away in a seperate room from younger kids or under locks or both (which is what my friend does with his pokies their containers have 3 combo locks on each one and they're kept in a bedroom thats locked so his kids can't get to them and he only feeds/rehouses when they're all asleep anyway) but i can sort of see your view point on it personally out of respect for my mom who's severely allergic to arachnids i only keep NW species and i keep them all in my bedroom (which doesn't make my boyfriend to happy) but fran i've read several of your posts on here and respect your views and opinions a lot and although i'm conflicted on my personal opinion after seeing what those types of regulations have done to herps i do tend to be more agreeable with your opinion, especially after seeing so many oopsie my T got out threads on several forums (and having a couple incidents myself during rehousing).

To the OP i sincerely hope you find your T's thats gotta be hard keep looking though their sneaky little arachnids and hide in unexpected area's.

afs rock

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
if its still there open up its cage and put out some water it may go in to its cage or drink some water

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

so true. my pulchripes ended up going under and then over some pretty impressive stuff in the kitchen before settling on chilling in a frying pan in the furthest corner of what i thought was a cabinet it couldn't get into.

erm, point is, it didnt hop to the ground and skulk in the corner.

anyway, good luck.

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
When I first had an avic sling I made the hole in the enclosure too big and one night she got out. It was a couple days before I realized she was gone. I searched and searched and searched but knew he wouldn't last long in my dry house with 3 cats. About 5 days later I was sitting on the sofa and felt something on my arm. Good thing I didn't swat it, it was my little avic running up my arm! What are the odds of that! I was sooo shocked. Long story......but don't give up!!

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
I remember when I lost my P.irmina :( she was hiding not very far away at all though :D

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, yeah.. Everyone has miracles with their ts escaping.. But its only been a day and 1/2, so hopefully it will show up soon. Whats lame, is that my room is RIGHT next to the garage, and if he got out, man, I will probably NEVER find it. I think my cat got to it..

Maybe not. I have a feeling the little ass is hiding from me in a tight corner somewhere though.. lol ;)

Newflvr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah, yeah.. Everyone has miracles with their ts escaping.. But its only been a day and 1/2, so hopefully it will show up soon. Whats lame, is that my room is RIGHT next to the garage, and if he got out, man, I will probably NEVER find it. I think my cat got to it..

Maybe not. I have a feeling the little ass is hiding from me in a tight corner somewhere though.. lol ;)
Well ain't you the ungrateful little snot. People are trying to offer experiences and help and all you can do is offer tude. Quit whining about your T getting out , get off the computer, be a resonsible pet owner and look for it. Who cares what the layout of your house is, look for the T already.

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well ain't you the ungrateful little snot. People are trying to offer experiences and help and all you can do is offer tude. Quit whining about your T getting out , get off the computer, be a resonsible pet owner and look for it. Who cares what the layout of your house is, look for the T already.
I agree. People are trying to give you encouragement to not give up by sharing stores. Remind me never to post with you again. Attitude is right.

Warren Bautista

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Gosh, finding this spider is gonna be impossible. If you don't wanna look for it and don't want your cat to get hurt, how about you take your remaining spiders somewhere safe (Or better yet, give them to someone who won't lose them), bug bomb your house, and be done with it.

Since it's obvious that putting in an effort is impossible for you.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just curious, did anyone actually expect any different from this member? :? Take a look at his older posts... This is the same Smallara as before.

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
U need a Green Mushroom 1-up!

How do you look for a spider? LOOKING FOR IT.
I mean, theres no other way around it.
Is not like you are gonna put a piece of chese in the middle of the room and you are gonna find her later munching on it.
Tarantulas Love CHEESE, come-on! :razz: {D

If you are Not gonna tear the Place apart, like I have done on a couple occasions, then yes, Door Jam is best chance for T to not escape :cool:

I scan the floors and borders of furniture like a Forensic Asst., and always find the Jail-Breaker, like a Bounty-Hunter :eek:
I don't really give-up till found...but I am obsessive that way :eek:

Kinda like the 1st 48 Mario - those hours are the Most Important!

Can you give your cousins Wedgies & Noogies for us ALL ? - Now that would be responsible keeper action :D GL

kylestl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just curious, did anyone actually expect any different from this member? :? Take a look at his older posts... This is the same Smallara as before.
LOL! I was thinking the same thing. He has got some out there posts....:? I'm pretty sure everything that needed to be said has been said. It is up to him now to look for the t and grow up

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Listen, I am not going to give you as much crap as the rest of the members...But, if you have small children in the house and you know they are mischevious, you have two choices, either do not have any way of the children getting into the tanks, which means litteral pad locks and good secured tanks, or you don't have them, one or the other. You really don't have a choice at your age, you can't move out into a secure apartment and if you don't have a lock on your door, no. You shouldn't be able to have any thing venomous in that house, period. The only other thing would be to have a nice glass front bookcase to lock with a pad or combination lock to keep your tanks in, otherwise don't expect any help from anyone here because we take things very seriously and to have what you had happen means you didn't take their (your cousins) stupid young nature into account there fore it is you who were irrisponsible for knowing you had cousins who sucked and need to get your stuff together. In any case, I do wish you luck.

Last edited: