20 trapdoor slings

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
how much do you think the cost of shipping and packaging materials for each sling would be? i don't have a lot of money.
Just charge a boxing fee. That's basically making them pay for the shipping supplies.

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The weather here is crazy...but I could possibly send you some FF's if you want that too. Or heck, they will get all the FF they want at my place...LOL

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
how much do you think the cost of shipping and packaging materials for each sling would be? i don't have a lot of money.
news papers for packing. small boxes and a vial for the bug with some cotton should be good. also dont ship them for free, be sure to get a few bucks over shipping cost to pay for packaging.
then you dont have to be out of pocket to ship them ..

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thanks very much for the shipping advice... they may all die or be sold/traded to people in person, but if not I'll see what I can do...

The weather here is crazy...but I could possibly send you some FF's if you want that too. Or heck, they will get all the FF they want at my place...LOL
what is FF?

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ah. i'm not sure yet i need fruit flies...

Pulk said:
well, you can't really put food in their burrow; it would just land on their butts. until i/if i can't get pinheads or fruit flies, do you think they could take slowed-down prey larger than they are, or cricket parts left next to them?

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
how long can they go without food at this stage?
are 1/8 inch or less than 1/8 inch crickets ideal?

Last edited:

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
are non-pesticide'd ants ok?
how often would you recommend lightly misting the soil?
does anyone think it would not be a horrible idea to put them back in with mom at this point?

there are 17 left alive.

i'll put pictures of the burrow and stuff in the field trips/natural habitats section.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
how long can they go without food at this stage?
are 1/8 inch or less than 1/8 inch crickets ideal?
i expect the time they can go without food is heavily tied to the temperature they are living at. if you could keep them at ~65*F then i am pretty comfortable sayign that they could live for well over a month. i think B. cali' is on the same level as something like a USA Aphonopelma, in terms of glacial metabolism

the sling pictured seems to have a fairly fat abdomen... but i am not quite used to the utterly spherical shape so it might not thin out the way i am expecting so i could easily be wrong

are non-pesticide'd ants ok?
how often would you recommend lightly misting the soil?
does anyone think it would not be a horrible idea to put them back in with mom at this point?

there are 17 left alive.

i'll put pictures of the burrow and stuff in the field trips/natural habitats section.
i would make sure the soil doesn't dry out completely and isn't sopping wet. it is going to depend on how much you mist, how much vent you have, how temps are... but i expect you could do something like every 3-4 days give them a decent squirt of highly misted (lots of tiny droplets, instead of a stream of larger drops) and keep a fairly appropriate level of humidity for them

you could always try putting a few back in with mom and see what happens

also, GQ. is not going to be able to make it. if you want to try shipping i could tell you how. otherwise we could try meeting halfway (my car sucks too much to risk a full San Diego trip) to trade