2 slings--14 legs between them

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
both my l. parahybana and l. cristatus have moulted, and i am proud to say that my l. para now has _eight whole legs!!_

my l. crist, however, has only moulted with two "nubs" where its second and third legs used to be. oh well, maybe next moult they'll grow in.

my l. para grew about .75", and my l. crist, i am convinced, is staying the same size (actually, it grew just a tad).

can anyone give me any idea about the growth-rate of the l. crist?

also, i am curious, where in the heck does the new, replacement appendage grow in the exoskeleton?

happymeal

Arachnopeon
can anyone give me any idea about the growth-rate of the l. crist?
They grow about medium speed, what I was told. Mine has molted 3 times. The first 2 molts it did't seeem like it grew at all, and then the 3rd WOW shot up like a canon. It's about 1 1/2" inches now and just starting to show some color as far as leg bands.

and i am proud to say that my l. para now has _eight whole legs!!_
Do l.para have trouble molting. I have herd alot of people that have problems with this T. After two molts mine has fully regenerated it's leg back.

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by krystal

also, i am curious, where in the heck does the new, replacement appendage grow in the exoskeleton?
My understanding is that it's curled up in the coxa, the leg segment closest to the body.

Wade

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

krystal,

what the hell is up with you and deformed t's :)

-V

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by krystal
vayu son- it must be something in the water....
Sure, blame it on the Arlington water. I drank that stuff unfiltered for most of the first 20 years of my life and I'm perfectly fine ;)