2 Q's. 1- id? 2- cyriocosmus? 3- metriopelma

nightsinger

Arachnopeon
i have 3 questions. i didn't want to open too many threads...

1- can you id this beauty for me?

2- Which species of the genus Cyriocosmus would be the largest as an adult?

3- Metriopelma zebratum. I liked this species a lot. Is it easily available? Can you give me info about price, availabilitiy etc...

oops, i added one more question but didn't change the title :)

Last edited:

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
1. Its a Pamphobeteous sp.

2. I'd have to think about that..

3. No matter what people tell you or say they're selling, no, it is not easy to obtain a TRUE M. zebratum. Just get Cyclosternum fasciatum if you like that coloration.

-Sean

Last edited:

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sean is correct, that's definately a pamphobeteus species... may i ask how much you paid and where you purchased it? I'd guess Pamphobeteus platyomma, but that's just my guess... i could be wrong, but it's DEFINATELY a Pamphobeteus species.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
but mind, it's a sling. those get a dull brown when adult... ok, the males have some cool purple, but the females are not really a looker. my opinion, i just don't like brown too much ;)

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Every Pamp I've ever had has had that red and black Christmas tree patterning. Different species have a vaguely different look to them though, but not so noticeable that you can tell them apart from a picture.

And actually I think the nigricolor females become more black than brown. If you like the look of the G. pulchra, then you might enjoy having a huge, grumpy, always hungry and ready to feed Pamp female glaring at you balefully from the shadows of her enclosure.