2 new T's - Chromotopelma Cyanopubescens and Poecilotheria Metallica

Hopeful T Owner

Arachnopeon
Well I finally took the plunge and treated myself to 2 new T's already - Chromotopelma cyanopubescens and a Poecilotheria Metallica, both slings.

I have done loads of research on these 2 species and I am glad I took the plunge - especially on the P. Metallica (mainly on this extremely useful forum - thanks AB).

One thing that really did annoy me though and I am going to definitely change it, is that the P. Metallica's box is set up in a terrestrial layout...so going to have to change it to an arboreal setup shortly. Will sort that out on Monday...wish me luck lol.

Everything is named in my house - so decided to call the C. cyanopubescens "Minx" and the P. Metallica "Pixie" lol - 2 names that my fiancé generally calls me lol.

Happy New Year everyone - and to all the T's on this forum.

Hopeful T Owner xx

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Enjoy! I love my gbb and I really really want a p metallica, but I have little kids so I'll be waiting a long time for it...

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
One thing that really did annoy me though and I am going to definitely change it, is that the P. Metallica's box is set up in a terrestrial layout...so going to have to change it to an arboreal setup shortly. Will sort that out on Monday...wish me luck lol.
As I understand it,your metallica sling may be more likely to burrow,as opposed to living an aboreal life.
Until it starts to mature a little.Veteran pokie keepers,any thoughts?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
As I understand it,your metallica sling may be more likely to burrow,as opposed to living an aboreal life.
Until it starts to mature a little.Veteran pokie keepers,any thoughts?

As slings keep them in a small arboreal setup, with room to make a dirt curtain. As they get older give them a nice cork round to simulate how they live in nature.