2 New snakes!

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I got a pair(hopefully female and male) of young Sumatran Red Bloods in today. :D The deal was finalized about a week ago, but we decided to ship out this week. I'll get some pictures up later.

Only a few more snakes on my wish list to go!! Anyone got an albino burm, false water cobra, or white lipped python? :p

ShellsandScales

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Albino burm should be easy. I've seen the false water cobras offered on kingsnake and I have seen whitelips on there as well but if I remember they were quite pricey. Good luck filling out the list. I love bloods btw. Kinda jealous but I got out of large snakes last year and all we have now are a pair of ghost stripe corns and a big creamsicle female.

GiantVinegaroon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Finally, someone buys snakes that aren't kingsnakes, corn snakes, ball pythons, or GIANT constrictors!

Never owned a blood myself, but man are they awesome.

harveythefly

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I got a pair(hopefully female and male) of young Sumatran Red Bloods in today. :D The deal was finalized about a week ago, but we decided to ship out this week. I'll get some pictures up later.

Only a few more snakes on my wish list to go!! Anyone got an albino burm, false water cobra, or white lipped python? :p
congrats! i love my blood python and i can't wait till i have the room to get her a man! if you handle them often so they stay used to it i promise you you'll have alot of fun with these guys:)

as far as white lipped pythons go, i don't have one right now but i've been researching them alot in the hopes of maybe getting one...imo the northern or "gold" phase is one of the prettiest snakes on the market...and they're not really that expensive...someone on kingsnake.com was selling their female breeder for 300 and the average price i see for neonates up to yearlings is between 2-500 depending on the breeder...

i've heard they can be fairly feisty though and supposedly they have the most teeth of any python species hehe...but if you get them as young snakes they're supposed to mellow out...the phrase i see most often associated with these guys is "not tame but handleable":)

Harvey

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The male is the only one with a bad tempermant, the female is very nice and calm. I will handle them both daily to insure they get even calmer. Thanks for the info you guys!

I have one more question, How big of a cage would I need to keep this 2 together their whole life? (assuming it's ok to do that)

harveythefly

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The male is the only one with a bad tempermant, the female is very nice and calm. I will handle them both daily to insure they get even calmer. Thanks for the info you guys!

I have one more question, How big of a cage would I need to keep this 2 together their whole life? (assuming it's ok to do that)
the usual recomendation for keeping blood pythons is about 6 square feet (so about a 3ft x 2ft enclosure)...i honestly don't know about keeping them together though...some pythons do well in communal setups but some can get stressed...my gut reaction considering how heavy bodied blood pythons can get while still remaining relatively small is not to try housing them together unless you have something BIG to put them in...i'd say nothing less than about 12-14 square feet...

just an educated guess:)

Harvey

GiantVinegaroon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
For the enclosure, try and get a cage with rounded out corners. Bloods, as I'm sure you know, are mighty rotund snakes and the corners will make turning easier for them!

Meaningless End

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i dont have my white lip anymore but i love them and ive kept them in the past.. they can definalty be a handful.. there not all mean but expect to get a few teeth stuck in your hand eventually..

realy cool snakes though.. make sure you get the black faze.. there the prittyest...

never been a burm guy, but false watters are bad ass... theres a breeder named wess that lives in LA who breeds the hell out of false watter. he produces allot of hypos and dose allot of the local herp shows around the southern california area... if you want a FWC.. hes the man to find.

Meaningless End

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

you realy are better off seperateing them... 6-2 is fine for a adult. but 6-3 is better.