2 new scorpion species. In the U.S. hobby

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
very very excited to be able to introduce to new and rare species in the hobby..

Hottentotta salei "bright morph"
Buthacus nigroaculeatus

Awesome species with very bright coloration and amazing black trims IMG_7687.jpg received_3005025706280042.jpeg

Liquifin

Arachnoking
You never fail to impress me when it comes to your work and knowledge on scorps in the US. ;) :cigar:

ignithium

Arachnoknight
did u guys get these imported through mark stockmann? I hear he will have some apistobuthus soon as well

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
did u guys get these imported through mark stockmann? I hear he will have some apistobuthus soon as well
Yes i did.

Apistobuthus has never successfully been captive produced and raised unfortunately

Every breeding attempt by anybody even i Europe has failed. Theyre a tough one to crack

Lewis Catlin

Arachnoknight
probably his best stock so far this year. And of course i am between jobs, my country's currency is garbage next to the euro at the moment, and i have my hands full with 100's of dehaani pedelings so I really should not order anything from him!
I told my self not to get anything either. Over run with scrorplings rn but couldn’t resist ! Really is the best stock this year.

Colin93

Arachnoknight
They look really cool, any idea how bad the sting would be from these? Just out of curiosity

ignithium

Arachnoknight
They look really cool, any idea how bad the sting would be from these? Just out of curiosity
Well hottentotta is going to be pretty severe, buthacus cant really say since the genus can be a wildcard anywhere from mild to quite bad, and dont know too much about this particular species (afaik it has not really been tested)

Ncshooter

Arachnosquire
That salei is going to hurt from what I've read - most hotten are..well...hot :) Not sure if it's in the "get me to the hospital" level, but probably in the "My weekend is going to suck" level for sure. I'm sure those who own the genus will chime in on potency level though

Lewis Catlin

Arachnoknight
From what I’ve read from people and when I’ve spoken to people who are stupid enough to out there fingers in front of them it’s one of those ones where all you can do it’s sit on floor grab the place it but you and scream for a quite a while and enjoy the cramping for the next few days.

What venom level are Hottentotas- been keeping them a while but never actually looked about for it?