2 inch L. Parahybana. Strange behaviour! Please help!

Tarantula Chris

Arachnopeon
I have a 2 inch leg span L. Parahybana walking very strangely with it's leg's very flat and it looks like it's struggling to walk, was expecting it to moult around a month to 6 weeks ago and it still isn't. I tried to check it to see if it would do anything else that I could attempt to use to diagnose if it was okay or not and it just seemed to be struggling to move at all although it was clearly trying. Very worried. Any Ideas?

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Pics of the T and setup please??

Best not to poke it for the moment

cold blood

Staff member
Without a pic, or pics, the question is as ambiguous as "does my car need an oil change", or "do I need a haircut? or "what's my favorite color?

Tarantula Chris

Arachnopeon
Actually I did like the answers that I found helpful, however....zero change in behaviour. The LP is in an enclosure with dryish substrate and full clean waterbowl that is never less than 75% full and one half of the enclosure misted lightly, twice a week. As far as I know the conditions could not be more stable and 'safe-choice'......I am still very worried, the T is obviously in a heavy premoult (but a premoult that has lasted 3 months for a T that is only 13 months old (and last moult including premoult time lasted 2 weeks). Hate seeing it like this :banghead:

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
Actually I did like the answers that I found helpful, however....zero change in behaviour. The LP is in an enclosure with dryish substrate and full clean waterbowl that is never less than 75% full and one half of the enclosure misted lightly, twice a week. As far as I know the conditions could not be more stable and 'safe-choice'......I am still very worried, the T is obviously in a heavy premoult (but a premoult that has lasted 3 months for a T that is only 13 months old (and last moult including premoult time lasted 2 weeks). Hate seeing it like this :banghead:

The thing that sucks about tarantulas is that most "medical" advise is to wait for them to molt out of it. Sometimes things just happen in the tarantula hobby, simple as that.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
The thing that sucks about tarantulas is that most "medical" advise is to wait for them to molt out of it.
Isn't that the truth? There's a reason creatures that molt (i.e. arthropods) are the most successful on the planet. Got a cyst? Molt. Exposed to chemicals? Molt. Lost a leg? Molt.