2 inch G. pulcha enclosure I just made

Feral

Arachnobaron
I'm obsessed with pulchra. Congrats on your fuzzbutt friend! I think pulchra are the very bestest fuzzbutts. :happy:

To me, your enclosure looks eh, okay. But it could be better. If it were me, I'd use at least as much substrate in depth as the stretched DLS of the spood. So I'd add more. Mine all definitely utilize the depth.

I give a lot more ventilation and airflow than some other keepers, for all species. Fresh air is always good.

I see your substrate is entirely dry. At two inches, I'm still keeping the bottom 20-40% moist and the top dry. This is pretty standard moisture level for that size for most keepers, I think. Then as they grow I transition them to having the bottom 5-25% moist (top dry) for adults. I'm aware that many people keep their large juveniles and adult females totally dry with a water dish, but I am not one of them. They're not from a climate that is that dry year round. The large juveniles and adult females are obviously hardy enough to survive dry substrate with a water dish year round, but it is not what they've evolved to be accustomed to and not what I believe to be best for them.

If your lid is not light-proof, I would provide more security options. This could be in the form of a second hide and/or plant cover. I find my pulchra settle in much more quickly and are generally much more relaxed the more cover and hide options I offer.

I'm not sure of the dimensions of that enclosure, but by using the bottle cap as a judge, it seems to be around 5"x4"x3", yeah? For a 2" pulchra, I've found you can go bigger if you want. Maybe even up to about 10"x10"x7" with 4" of substrate, if you really wanted to. A little bit larger enclosure would provide more needed substrate depth, space for additional hides/cover, and last longer before a rehouse to final adult accomodations is needed. IME, pulchra are very capable, confident hunters and do perfectly fine with a little larger enclosures than some other species might.

So those are my thoughts, if it helps. I just like talking about pulchra. :D Happy for you that you have a floofy black friend!