2 eggsacs at same time!!! Avic Avic!!!!

ChanceAvic

Arachnopeon
So i got a wild caught Avicularia over Two years ago. Saved her from a crappy pet store. Now 2 years later, she repays me with 2 eggsacs , laid a week apart. Funny also, I Never Mated Her! She held the sperm over 2 years since being caught!
She is taking great care of both. Im trying to get better pics, its just all webbed up. With a flashlight i could see eggs with legs in the older sac i presume. This is crazy, but im excited!!

Anyone Ever seen or even heard of this B4?????

Attachments

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Has she molted in those two years you've had her?
I don't want to rain on your parade...but if the answer is yes, those are dud-sacs, with no viable eggs in them.
I hope i'm wrong....

ChanceAvic

Arachnopeon
Negative on the molt, she has not. I had a good angle with a flashlight earlier and one sac at least has viable eggs. I could see the silhouette of eggs with legs. Not sure of the 2nd which she made a week later. Fingers crossed!!

FishermanSteve

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've seen females lay sacs without breeding but they were always duds. I have never heard of a t dropping a viable sac 2 yrs after mating but I am definitely rooting for you! Keep us updated for sure

ChanceAvic

Arachnopeon
I know crazy right. Never heard of 2 year wait, or 2 sacs at same time. I will keep AB posted. First sac is on day 30 give or take a day.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Negative on the molt, she has not. I had a good angle with a flashlight earlier and one sac at least has viable eggs. I could see the silhouette of eggs with legs. Not sure of the 2nd which she made a week later. Fingers crossed!!
That would be awesome! :)

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I would be shocked if females could keep sperm alive for a full two years.

cold blood

Staff member
Why would it make 2 sacs, instead of one like every other avic (t) on the planet.....I've never heard of this, and from a care perspective, it makes no sense. They also look really small....I would expect one normal sac to be the size of a ping pong ball or a golf ball. I'm skeptical.

Time will tell...very curious indeed.

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
quite interesting, doesnt make much sense honestly. if she was gravid and dropped a clutch, a week is not enough time to develope a second clutch, which means if there are two viable sacs there then she did a half and half, which i have never heard anything about before.

following, this is quite interesting if they are in fact both viable.