2 Dolomedes tenebrosus with eggsacks

JAFUENTES

Arachnodragon
I have two Dolomedes tenebrosus with eggsack's. Should fruit flies suffice for the slings or are pinheads better?

Last edited by a moderator:

JAFUENTES

Arachnodragon
What do you mean with Potheads? The translation means marijuana smoker??
I'm referring to

file:///storage/emulated/0/Download/80JQ703Q20BRKQNRHQWRZQBRM0URM0TQZQ1RZQYRLQVR3KNRYK3QYKOQFKDRKQWR3KCRKQ3RU0ORYK1RI0DQI0CQ.jpg

Saw the typo @Joogvanhedel

Last edited by a moderator:

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Good luck with them!

If the mothers are locally caught, you might consider releasing some of the offspring back into their natural habitat rather than keeping them. While I haven't kept tenebrosus, I have two female Dolomedes okefinokensis that have already given me hundreds of babies - and are currently carrying additional sacs. The hatchlings are so tiny that they easily escape right through screen tops or ventilation holes, so unless you have them in a fine mesh enclosure, you can expect to spend a bit of time rounding up escapees.

Unfortunately, they are not native where I live, so I can't release the hatchlings, but they seem quite content to pick off their siblings (in addition to the fruit flies and tiny crickets I've been feeding them) so the population is down to manageable levels - at least until the new sacs hatch.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I'm referring to

file:///storage/emulated/0/Download/80JQ703Q20BRKQNRHQWRZQBRM0URM0TQZQ1RZQYRLQVR3KNRYK3QYKOQFKDRKQWR3KCRKQ3RU0ORYK1RI0DQI0CQ.jpg
That's a link to a file on your computer, so it doesn't work for anyone else.