2 day or bite the bullet and get 1 day shipping?

rusted180

Arachnosquire
Hey guys! Hope all is well!

Ok.. stupid question. I may just be acting cheap... but considering the weather in cali is gonna be in the low 90s... im planning to get a texas brown and a gbb shipped to me by friday. Thursday temperatures are gonna be 90 and 79 on friday.. would u guys risk getting some T's sent to me from <edit> located in FL i believe to cali in 2 days without doa? Or should i just bite the bullet and pay for 1 day? I figured when i ordered at the end of spring.. it would be fine but after i checked the temps next week.. it got me thinking..
Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Temperatures in the 90's, the fastest shipping you can get is what you need. Seriously, Why cheap out on shipping for a few dollars?

rusted180

Arachnosquire
Yeah.. i figured.. last week when i ordered.. the temps were in the mid to low 70s.. now that i look.. it appears to be in the 90s.. dang commifornia!

It's pricey but just go with overnight.
Love your avatar btw! I love gustave dore's illustrations. At least it looks like it's one of his.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
I always did two day when I was buying if it was an option, and never had problem one with over 40 times. The postal service messed up one time (go figure) and I had a sling spend the better part of a week in a vial, and it was right as the rain when it RAN out. Save your money.

aarachnid

Arachnoknight
I always do 2 day unless I'm feeling impatient or overnight shipping is only a couple bucks more.

Kitara

Arachnodemon
I have only ordered online 3 times so take it with a grain of salt when I say, I have never done overnight.

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
I have always done overnight shipping.

I do know that there are a few weeks in the Spring and again in the Fall when national average temperatures are in that Goldilocks zone...then yeah, 2 day shipping would be fine.

I've just never had an order during those conditions.

rusted180

Arachnosquire
If you like burning money should they arrive DOA, please send your money to me instead.
Yea... i hear ya.. having a moment of cheapness.. better safe than sorry.. if it was early spring, fall, or early winter.. i would of just done 2 day.. but dang man, so cal is HOT this week! Was like in the 90s today. Lol! Probably nothing compared to where some of u live.
I went to my kid's volleyball tournament in detroit last summer... wanted to die! Reminds me of summer in japan. Shower.. go out for a sec... need to shower again.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yea... i hear ya.. having a moment of cheapness.. better safe than sorry.. if it was early spring, fall, or early winter.. i would of just done 2 day.. but dang man, so cal is HOT this week! Was like in the 90s today. Lol! Probably nothing compared to where some of u live.
I went to my kid's volleyball tournament in detroit last summer... wanted to die! Reminds me of summer in japan. Shower.. go out for a sec... need to shower again.
Roger that, humidity sucks. I lived in the SW once. I'll take 110 24/7, over 72F and 100% percent humidity ANY day.

rusted180

Arachnosquire
Well... upgraded last night to overnight shipping! The seller is shipping it out tomorrow and will arrive thursday!
Will post up pics! Super excited. Its been over 20 years since my last tarantula!

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
Well... upgraded last night to overnight shipping! The seller is shipping it out tomorrow and will arrive thursday!
Will post up pics! Super excited. Its been over 20 years since my last tarantula!
Exciting times...

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
I got 2 day once on accident and I didn't have any problems but I wouldn't do that again.

I also would not order those two specific species through the mail because IMO they aren't worth paying for shipping on. I'd wait and pick them up locally.

rusted180

Arachnosquire
Well all I can say is...when these slings come in and arrive...I WANT PICTURES!!! :bag:
Tomorrow my friend!

I got 2 day once on accident and I didn't have any problems but I wouldn't do that again.

I also would not order those two specific species through the mail because IMO they aren't worth paying for shipping on. I'd wait and pick them up locally.
I feel u... hated paying so much for shipping... the texas brown was a freebie.
The seller is in VA.. im in CA... i wish i could pick em up. Couldnt find a gbb sling (didnt want a juvi or adult) on the last several weeks... so just pulled the trigger. But i totally agree... wish i was living there now lol!

I guess i was impatient.. maybe a sling would of turned up somewhere in so cal at some point.. buyers remorse lol!