2" C. fasciatum building sperm web, huh?

grnlfr

Arachnopeon
My tiger rump was on it's back this mornining inside a lean-2 web against the corner off the tank. It had just finished depositing it's sperm on the web and then ate the whole thing. There has been no drumming, no boxing gloves yet, or hooks isn't this a little early to be doing this? He did just molt about 3 weeks ago maybe this has something to do with this.
Thanks Brett

Pyst

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Actually that's about the right size for a mature male C.fasciatum. Being a dwarf species the males will typically only get to be 2"-3". You should be seeing hooks though. If you need to find a mate for him send a private message to GQ.. I sent my male to Gil last year but it was unsuccessful. I can't speak highly enough of him. Good luck.

-Mike

Last edited:

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My tiger rump was on it's back this mornining inside a lean-2 web against the corner off the tank. It had just finished depositing it's sperm on the web and then ate the whole thing. There has been no drumming, no boxing gloves yet, or hooks isn't this a little early to be doing this? He did just molt about 3 weeks ago maybe this has something to do with this.
Thanks Brett
If no "boxing gloves or hooks" are present then its not mature. Why do you believe it was making a sperm web?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If your not sure then post a pic, but it seems that you are, since you already posted him for sale.

grnlfr

Arachnopeon
once I got him into some better light I could make out the smallest little hooks. he was laying on his back make a deposit on the webbing (I've seen this before with my males just didn't expect it so small).

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
Are you sure though, its not a M.zebrata they look similiar and are smaller. Though it is possible for them to mature at that size.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I got what was billed as a Costa Rican Tiger Rump from my local pet store. They're a local mom-n-pop so i try to support them when i can. I bought the T on a whim as it had recently molted and just looked soooo nice. Didn't realize it was a mature male until i got home in better light and saw the boxing gloves and spurs. He's about 2-1/2" but looks smaller what with tha spindly legs and all.

Maybe i can get him a date, Who's this GQ fellow you mention, Pyst? I don't see a user by that name.
I'm gonna do a little research and make sure he's not a zebrata like Thoth said and if he'll stretch out a bit i'll take a pic.