2 B.Albopilosum slings.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
I'm awaiting the arrival of two Nicaraguan B. Albopilosum slings, hopefully today (in transit) what size of enclosure, are these alright, they're just over 1.5" tall.
Thanks in advance guys....

Attachments

Last edited:

Trenor

Arachnoprince
What size is the cup? Sorry it's hard to say without some reference numbers. I wouldn't go taller unless you were wanting more substrate for them to burrow in. Keep an eye on the carapace size and make sure it's not smaller than the vents you have in the cup.

If those two things are ok you should be good. I like to add in a small water dish for all my Ts even the small slings. It's not necessary but I feel better by doing so.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
What size is the cup? Sorry it's hard to say without some reference numbers. I wouldn't go taller unless you were wanting more substrate for them to burrow in. Keep an eye on the carapace size and make sure it's not smaller than the vents you have in the cup.

If those two things are ok you should be good. I like to add in a small water dish for all my Ts even the small slings. It's not necessary but I feel better by doing so.
The small container is 1.75" tall, the holes are made with a screw so they're only a couple of millimetres wide, so no chance of escape, I'm getting taller ones but they're coming with the slings.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
B. Albopilosum (Nicaraguan).jpg I'm going with the taller ones, that way it gives the spiders the option to burrow if they want to, can't wait to get these guys, Nicaraguan form are rare in the hobby or so I've been lead to believe, any clarification of this would be appreciated. Here's a photo of the T ^^^^^^^

Last edited:

Leila

Arachnobaron
Is that a photo of the mom? if so, she is adorable! :) I love how fuzzy they are.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Rather than height you want to look at the width since this species is a terrestrial. Height is good for more substrate depth but they need floor space as well.

I'm not sure about in Europe but in the US they are not as common as the hobby form but are by no means rare.

I've been wanting to pick one up as my girl is a hobby form. (I wish she would put her new dress on so I can take some new photos)

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Is that a photo of the mom? if so, she is adorable! :) I love how fuzzy they are.
Yes I think so, there's also a picture of them pairing, they're stunning. I'll post it when I get some time.
I'm not sure about in Europe but in the US they are not as common as the hobby form but are by no means rare
I'm not sure either, but according to the seller these are the first offered in the U.K.

Leila

Arachnobaron
I was told by @Exoskeleton Invertebrates that my B. albopilosum girl is a Nicaraguan albo. The photos you posted look like my fluffy gal; but he will be able to give you a definitive answer in a moment. :)

keks

Arachnobaron
I was looking here for the Nicaraguan B. albopilosum too, as the babies here were shown. I didn't know this form, but I like it. I can tell you, it is not easy to get them!! I found two offers, but I don't trust. Much too far to pick them up and take a look at the mum. But I have an eye on it ^^.

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would never purchase any Brachypelma albopilosum "Nicaragua" unless proof of mom and dad were getting it on and there were insertions, mom holding the egg sac as well. It would be tough to make a decision just to see mom and no dad cause I do realise and people need to realise that some mothers to be are getting imported already gravid. That's a tough one! Trust the seller if you must but try to get as much info about the seller from others who have dealt with that person.
I currently have around 1600 babies that I'm waiting for them to hit 2nd instar http://arachnoboards.com/threads/br...caragua-mated-ready-to-drop-them-eggs.291921/

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
From what I've gathered, the Nicaraguan form is rare for now, both in Europe and the US. BUT there are several sacs in the process of dropping and being hatched and raised, and the sacs of this form are just as big as the hobbyform. So they won't be rare for long. ;)

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
From what I've gathered, the Nicaraguan form is rare for now, both in Europe and the US. BUT there are several sacs in the process of dropping and being hatched and raised, and the sacs of this form are just as big as the hobbyform. So they won't be rare for long. ;)
They aren't rare in the US. A few factors are people don't want to purchase wild caught animals cause of diseases that the animals may carry. That has never stop me from purchasing wild caught tarantulas, I feel you let them slip away if you think this way to much. Another factor I believe most people still look at them that they are just a curly hair. That's a big no, no in my book. Get them while you can while they are available, cause you never know when Nicaragua will shutdown........I can still purchase 200 wild caught adults if I really want to clean my importer out of stock for now.