2 B.Albopilosum slings.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
It can make a difference. Though, on the flip side, I've kept a dozen slings - from the same sack - in the same size enclosures - on the same feeding/watering schedule and they all ended up different sizes. One of my G.pulchripes is a monster compared to the next largest size and I have one that is much smaller than the rest. The ones in the middle are average size as one might expect. I think some will grow bigger regardless if all the other factors are the same.

If the slings are eating properly then you're good. Though if the enclosure is really large them getting food could be an issue. So far my new small additions have not had trouble in the 2oz condiment cups.
That's the size my two are in as well, 2oz containers, both have had a bite of pre-killed B. dubia. It's a relief to be honest, I was worried as they are so small, but after some advice from @Trenor they're doing fine, thanks Trenor.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Glad to hear they are doing well. It's a bit nerve racking when they are so small.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
IMG_0701.JPG IMG_0703.JPG A quick up-date on my B.albopilosum slings, both have eaten live prey, which is a huge relief, as I've never had slings as small as these guys before, both gorged themselves on a whole dubia nymph each, their abdomens have certainly got bigger, so that should be them till their first moult in my care, the relief is amazing, I'm not worried about them any more, phew. These wee guys/gals are only 1cm maybe, and doing well.

Attachments

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Thought I should just give a quick update the slings haven't molted yet, I'm assuming it won't be long, they're eating well, and the abdomens are getting a dark line through them, so hopefully, the molts won't be far off.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Not really rare, if anything, the UK market is going to be oversaturated with them soon as just about everyone is breeding them.
I know, they were at one point, like everything other sp. they become more available, prefer the Nicaraguan to the "pube hair" though....lol

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
The hair on/around the human genitals ;) although correct spelling is pubic hair if I remember correctly.
Yes pubic hair is the correct grammatical term, TSS have used "pube hair" to define a hobby form B. albopilosum....:banghead:

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
She's very nice indeed, where did TSS get that awful description from, it should read "hobby form" or "Honduran" but "pube hair" is just so :banghead:. No thought put into the description whatsoever.
Yeah, I just :rolleyes::meh: every time I see it, I suspect that the guy who runs the site is an overgrown child, and not in the amusing way that I am.

keks

Arachnobaron
Some people need a longer time to become adult. Be tolerant ^^.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
I get what you're saying, but we're talking a whole business portrayed by one individual who could ruin all their livelihoods, for what - a lack of knowledge or just plain stupidity, not the way I would go about running any business - very childish to say the least.

Last edited:

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
It's cool, it's just not my particular brand of humour, I get how some may find it funny though.

I get what you're saying, but we're talking a whole business portrayed by one individual who could ruin all their livelihoods, for what - a lack of knowledge or just plain stupidity, not the way I would go about running any business - very childish to say the least.
Yeah, it just doesn't seem very professional, save the mucking about for your FB page.

keks

Arachnobaron
No, it is not very professional, that's right, and it is usually not my sort of humor. But to be annoyed about it doesn't change anything. So what ;)? That are my nerves, I need them for more important things :).

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
No, it is not very professional, that's right, and it is usually not my sort of humor. But to be annoyed about it doesn't change anything. So what ;)? That are my nerves, I need them for more important things :).
I'm not "annoyed" by it, it's not a professional way to run a very active invert suppliers website, TSS is one of the first "companies" that come up when you search for T's in the UK. I genuinely have better things to be annoyed about, I'm only saying it's unprofessional. It's not my reputation that's on the line.

Last edited: