1st time seeing a live molt! My little obt!

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Oh my gosh, I have never witnessed a molt process before, they always have done it where I can't see them. My little OBT is right now on his back molting. I get worried when I don't see him move. Wow, it is soooo incredible to witness. Now I know why people get so excited! Worried mom....

web eviction

Arachnolord
Congrats! It's always a good time to watch your T's molt my tiny A. Geniculata sling molted this morning a lot bigger now but still tiny lol

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Congrats! Doesn't seem kinda of awkard? It's like walking in on someone changing, :8o but then your exicited about it.{D

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I wish I could have captured it on video to watch it in slow motion. Nature is just amazing. Unfortunately there are 2 crickets in there and I can't get them out now. I don't want to disturb him. I don't know, which is a greater risk, disturbing him after a molt or leaving in 2 crickets. He's about 1.5 inch.

Saf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Now I know why people get so excited! Worried mom....
:)

Exactly how I feel when watching moults. Like the apprehensive parent; willing everything to be alright.

A previous comment I made along the lines of how it feels almost like watching your T giving birth to itself, was I think deemed amusing enough to make someone's signature for a while. :p

As for your question, that's a tough call.

I wouldn't want to disturb mine just after a moult either, I've only done so when I felt it was essential.

But on the other hand, the crickets are likely going to disturb her anyway at some point, and if she strikes at them she may risk damage to those lovely new soft white fangs (I'm sure you know that anyway, but worth mentioning).

If it was me, (baring in mind my girl is a really calm and mellow little T) and I thought I could get the crickets out without bothering her, I'd probably be inclined toward trying to get them out.

But I've only got my one GBB as experience to base my opinion on, so I wouldn't want to offer you "advice".

ArachnidJackson

Arachnopeon
Good luck

I wish I could have captured it on video to watch it in slow motion. Nature is just amazing. Unfortunately there are 2 crickets in there and I can't get them out now. I don't want to disturb him. I don't know, which is a greater risk, disturbing him after a molt or leaving in 2 crickets. He's about 1.5 inch.
I would rather see my T stressed out then see it damaged by feeders.
Do your best to get them out and to disturb as little as possible.
I assure you the damage by feeders is very real.

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I would rather see my T stressed out then see it damaged by feeders.
Do your best to get them out and to disturb as little as possible.
I assure you the damage by feeders is very real.
I was able to gently lift the lid where "Bambi" was and get the crickets out. I don't think he even knew. :) Thanks for the input.