1ST time baby scorpions?

Matthew2025

Arachnopeon
Hey, so my Asian Forest Scorpion finally had baby's, started at 12:01 this morning, it's now 8 24 am, and has only had 2, she still looks big. Is this normal?

Attachments

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
It’s possible that she’ll give birth to more of them later. Leave her alone as much as possible, she needs a stress free environment.

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
That’s right. Pour a cup (maybe multiple) of water directly in the substrate. It should always look damp throughout. Not soaking wet, but this is way too dry.

Matthew2025

Arachnopeon
Just a note, that substrate looks bone dry.
I legit just separated her last night. So it was around 11, and at 12 01 boom babies lol, I've gotten that taken care of since. Thank you for pointing that out though.

Matthew2025

Arachnopeon
That’s right. Pour a cup (maybe multiple) of water directly in the substrate. It should always look damp throughout. Not soaking wet, but this is way too dry.
I got you thank you it's Mt first time, and like I told the gentleman up there, I legit just separated her at like 11 something, and at 12 01 babies so I backed off until this morning. I got it damp now. Thank you as well for pointing that out.

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I got you thank you it's Mt first time, and like I told the gentleman up there, I legit just separated her at like 11 something, and at 12 01 babies so I backed off until this morning. I got it damp now. Thank you as well for pointing that out.
This isn't to do with separating them or the babies. ASF should never ever have substrate that dry. They need a moist substrate with water in it. You literally need to pour a cup of water in that enclosture or even 2 cups.

Matthew2025

Arachnopeon
This isn't to do with separating them or the babies. ASF should never ever have substrate that dry. They need a moist substrate with water in it. You literally need to pour a cup of water in that enclosture or even 2 cups.
Gotcha that's not their main enclosure though. It was just somewhere I found to separate them last night.their man enclosure is legit and whatnot. Still I got you.

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Eagerly waiting on updates from OP, its very rare to only give birth to 2 babies.

Matthew2025

Arachnopeon
Me to, I got the substrate damp as it should be, but haven't messed with her since, trying to not stress her out. I will post soon though with an update.

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Me to, I got the substrate damp as it should be, but haven't messed with her since, trying to not stress her out. I will post soon though with an update.
Not messing with them is something it took me a while to understand. My current scorpion is the healthiest one I've ever had, and I just ignore and leave him (not literally a him its a sling )alone most of the time, apart from misting (he spends most of his time burrowed under the leaves). It's worked out fine so far. I love him, but I would compare him to a pet rock almost. He does sometimes get active at night though. And for some reason he has a specific corner he always poops in.

Matthew2025

Arachnopeon
Not messing with them is something it took me a while to understand. My current scorpion is the healthiest one I've ever had, and I just ignore and leave him (not literally a him its a sling )alone most of the time, apart from misting (he spends most of his time burrowed under the leaves). It's worked out fine so far. I love him, but I would compare him to a pet rock almost. He does sometimes get active at night though. And for some reason he has a specific corner he always poops in.
Imotep and Anak-Su-Namun are weird. They actually quite enjoy being held they get up in one spot by the lid and tap 9n the glass. It's weird. Still I leave them be for at least 2 weeks at a time. Now she's pregnant and I'm just waiting for her to have the rest lol.

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Imotep and Anak-Su-Namun are weird. They actually quite enjoy being held they get up in one spot by the lid and tap 9n the glass. It's weird. Still I leave them be for at least 2 weeks at a time. Now she's pregnant and I'm just waiting for her to have the rest lol.
She is in my prayers bro, I hope everything works out.

Matthew2025

Arachnopeon
Eagerly waiting on updates from OP, its very rare to only give birth to 2 babies.
Update: she legit gave birth to only two babies. She's back down to her normal size, I left her alone for 10 days. I honestly thought she'd have more.