1st scorpion...very nice emperor...Picture inside.

emps

Arachnopeon
hello everybody... I am a new member here. My friend sell me a scorpion. He said it's call an emperor. He told me I can hold it because it's not poisonous and it's very nice scorpion. I give it cricket yesterday and it sting it.

I took picture of my emperor in my hand. I let it walk in my hand and I took a picture when it's sleeping.

Attachments

H. cyaneus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Dude, that doesn't look like an emporer. Resembles a fat tail if anything...Don't hold it, at all. Unless you feel like going to the hospital/dying. Wait till you can get some better pics or something before we can get a good ID.

Mike

Copper

Arachnopeon
First off thats definatly not an emp. You don't have to worry how poisonous it is, unless you plan on eating it. Its the venom you have to worry about. Poison is either ingested or sometimes absorbed through the skin. Venom is usually injected. Anyway back to the species, It does look like an A. bicolor, if it is, your lucky you didn't get stung. The way the metasoma(tail) is laying flat I'd say it's not in that great of health. If it has been kept like an emp that could be why. If I was you, I'd not hold it till you get a positive ID. Try and get some better pics.

Mat

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Definitely not and emp, (Possibly an A bicolor or A crassicauda?)

If what you say is true, your friend should get his butt kicked for selling you a potentially hazardous scorpion.

Now onto the pic itself... something looks slightly off about it. not sure but this could a BS post of someone "holding" a dead scorp. Can't really tell cus of the quality of the pic..

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Now onto the pic itself... something looks slightly off about it. not sure but this could a BS post of someone "holding" a dead scorp. Can't really tell cus of the quality of the pic..
Not only the pics, but the text as well. A little early for April fools...

H. cyaneus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's what i thought too, but only one post. Usually people wait a bit before pulling some BS like that.

Mike

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
First off, a lot of Buthidae carry there tails on the side, and second, dead/perserved scorps usually have they're plaps stuck open.

I wouldn't bet on it being dead.... but I also wouldn't bet on it being alive neither. LOL!!!

PS, maybe we should just leave this thread alone, it appears whoever that is sent that message through a translator before posting. Chances are they won't understand what we are saying anyway (a lot of translators do a poor job of converting english since it's unlike almost all the other languages).

Last edited:

Zman16

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Holy crap! If that scorp is alive this gy is a risk taker without even knowing it! I say if he doesn't right back we can assume he got bit and died.:eek:

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
First off, a lot of Buthidae carry there tails on the side, and second, dead/perserved scorps usually have they're plaps stuck open.
admittedly i only own a couple buthid species, but i've never seen any of mine resting with their tail to the side and partially extended.

As for the dead scorps having their palps stuck open. I have never seen that in my entire time in the hobby...

but just cus i haven't seen it, doesn't mean it isn't true.

P.jasonius

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This seems like a joke to me, but I will add that I observed my A. crassicauda resting with its tail to the side quite often. Without a clearer pic I'd say that's what it is. I never had the balls to hold mine on my arm though!:clap: This guy is either in the hospital right now, or laughing at all the idiots that replied to this ridiculous thread...

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
admittedly i only own a couple buthid species, but i've never seen any of mine resting with their tail to the side and partially extended.

As for the dead scorps having their palps stuck open. I have never seen that in my entire time in the hobby...

most of my Ando's rests their metasoma to the size and some of them stretches their tail :D (maybe old age :? ) .

Crono

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hello everybody... I am a new member here. My friend sell me a scorpion. He said it's call an emperor. He told me I can hold it because it's not poisonous and it's very nice scorpion. I give it cricket yesterday and it sting it.

I took picture of my emperor in my hand. I let it walk in my hand and I took a picture when it's sleeping.
Have any of you ever heard of a scorpion "sleeping", let alone "sleeping" while being handled? "Sleeping" while he used a camera with one hand to take a pic of it "sleeping" on the other?

I'll admit to taking chances and being lucky, but I have never had a scorp sit still for a second when I was free-handling it and letting it walk where it wanted.

I am really leaning towards this being a troll. If not, then sorry, but...

Zman16

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Have any of you ever heard of a scorpion "sleeping", let alone "sleeping" while being handled? "Sleeping" while he used a camera with one hand to take a pic of it "sleeping" on the other? /QUOTE]

He could just mean it wasn't moving but like soaking up the heat, you know. Because I held my scorpion and unless he feels threatened he doesn't move around much.

I have a feeling in a couple of days I'll being seeing in the paper "Boy Dies from pet scorpion! Experts are baffled"

;P

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Bothriurus coriaceus (male, preserved specimen)
http://www.ub.ntnu.no/scorpion-files/b_coriaceus.jpg

Centruroides margaritatus (preserved male)
http://www.ub.ntnu.no/scorpion-files/c_margaritatus(m).jpg

Orthochirus innesi (preserved specimen)
http://www.ub.ntnu.no/scorpion-files/o_innesi.jpg

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It absolutely is dead. I've begun collecting dead scorpions and drying them. I've seen that in unfortunate cases of finding dead pets and in instances of new additions to the collection. As for the pictures above, those links are to specimen that have been dead for sometime which is why they look like that. Freshly dead look exactly like the original andro in this hoax post.

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah I can't tell whether or not it's dead, which is why I said earlier I wouldn't bet on either one and also why I said "dead/perserved" usually have they're plaps stuck open. Either way I think this is another thread we should ignore just like all of "Emp.Scorpions" threads.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ignoring all of the P imp threads is definitely not the right thing to do. just because you don't feel there is a reason to read them doesn't mean no one else should. Emps are a one of the gateway species into the hobby and a lot of people find their way here looking for answers or to talk with other people about their new addiction.

It kinda seems like your just blowing off a species because A) you think they are unimportant. B) you're just prejudiced against them as a whole. or worse C) you feel that people who have emps and are looking for answers are below you.

From some of your posts in threads by anyone asking a Question it would seem to me that C is the right statement. Take this as a flame, troll or whatever you wish even though it isn't any of those. It's an observation... and nothing more...

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think EAD063 meant the user Emp.scorpions, not the species. He was acting like an impatient kid, asking for useless information, refusing to use the search function, AND posting numerous threads just like those in the space of a few hours.

I commend your quick defense to a great starter species, by the way. :)