1st Pairing of a T

Blake1993

Arachnopeon
Hi Everyone I'm new to this forum I did try to introduce myself on the new joiners page but it says I have insufficient access to post, anyway!

I have Kept Ts for years and now I have 2 mature males and a mature female A Geniculatas in my collection. I really want to pair them. I have introduced the males into the females enclosure and they never seem interested. They always run away.

Since then I have increased temperature and humidity and since I did this 1 of the males has made a sperm web and is loading up as we speak.

Does anyone have any experience breeding this species or can anyone give me some tips and advice? thanks in advance everyone!

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Put some of the female's web in the male's enclosure to get him in the mood. The female should be moved to a temporary enclosure. She's more receptive if she doesn't feel like her home is being invaded. Once the male is charged up, put the enclosures next to each other and let them tap to each other for awhile. Take the lids off and the male will climb into the female's enclosure. Make sure you have the proper tools to evacuate the male or get the female off of him if she attacks.

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
be prepared to pull them apart. my buddy has bred a few genic's and usually it goes pretty smooth, but from what I've seen when helping him, is that, like any other larger T, if decides to charge and eat him, your going to have too 7-9" tarantulas wrestling around haha.

Blake1993

Arachnopeon
okay I have moved them next to each other how long should I leave her in her new enclosure before letting the male in? she has made no web yet as she is in her new enclosure, when she does ill put some in his enclosure

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
You've gotten some good info here already but I'm always one to add this onto a first time breeding thread, Genics produce around 800-1200 slings a sac if you're successful. Might be a good idea to find someone willing to buy bulk slings if you succeed before you go for it.

Blake1993

Arachnopeon
You've gotten some good info here already but I'm always one to add this onto a first time breeding thread, Genics produce around 800-1200 slings a sac if you're successful. Might be a good idea to find someone willing to buy bulk slings if you succeed before you go for it.
thank you for your advice I already can shift 500 for sale. If successful I would literally give them away as long as people pay postage I'm in this to learn and for the hobby and not for money :)

Blake1993

Arachnopeon
I obviously would keep a lot for another breeding project or for sale as they mature and get bigger

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
thank you for your advice I already can shift 500 for sale. If successful I would literally give them away as long as people pay postage I'm in this to learn and for the hobby and not for money :)
Love the mindset/planning in advance! Good on you.