1st instar Encyocratella olivacea

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This was a comedy of errors.
#1 I wasn't even sure if she was a she, but out of 5, four molted mature within 3 weeks and when she molted she wasn't mature so I hoped she was female.
#2 The darn hammock sac was nearly impossible to find in her labyrinth of webbing.

But....on July 19th she webbed things up in her container with an almost imposible to see area of thicker webbing in the middle, so I began to treat her as having a sac.
Today, when lightly misting her container, I found these:

Gosh I love this hobby!
Diane

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Great job!!I'm gonna be trying to pair my girls up very soon :D
-Chris

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great job!!I'm gonna be trying to pair my girls up very soon :D
-Chris
I suppose with your experience you can manage it without all of angst I endured.:8o I wish someone would do a short but in-depth sticky of the various types of tarantula egg sacs that are formed and a few of their more unique configurations. These darn hammock-style sacs would be easy to over-look. My breeder's notebook is full of question marks for both this female and that of my Monocentropus balfouri. Good luck with your girls.
Diane

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Congrats, nice string of sacs for you this yr. Hats off!!!

PIG-

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I suppose with your experience you can manage it without all of angst I endured.:8o I wish someone would do a short but in-depth sticky of the various types of tarantula egg sacs that are formed and a few of their more unique configurations. These darn hammock-style sacs would be easy to over-look. My breeder's notebook is full of question marks for both this female and that of my Monocentropus balfouri. Good luck with your girls.
Diane
Thanks Diane!Yeah with the amount of webbing this species makes I can only imagine it would be hard to find any type of egg sack in there enclosures hehe!
My girls have filled there tanks with crazy web tunnels everywhere.There not shy to come out and kill roaches tho ;]
Oh and I believe M.balfouri also constructs a hammock style egg sack to!
-Chris

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Haha , great story Diane !, and congrats! Anybody know if these have been hatched in the U.S. yet?

Later, Tom

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Haha , great story Diane !, and congrats! Anybody know if these have been hatched in the U.S. yet?

Later, Tom
Tom, not that I know of
Congrats Di, looking good :clap:
Anastasia

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
WOOOOOT :)

nice going :)

those are next on my list..