17 new friends

pperrotta03

Arachnosquire
I got a bunch of stuff from AZ yesterday. Spent maybe 2 hours setting everything up and taking everone out, washing bugs as needed. So, what I got was:
1 hogna sp tucson
1 sicarius sp
10 scorps
2 S subterranius
2 Orthoporus ornatus
1 Theatops posticus
1 Mastigoproctus giganteus
1 blue margin ground beetle

One of the ground beetles was dead on arrival, but otherwise I am satisfied for maybe another week or two. This is them in their enclosures.

Here is a shot at the scorps, when they get bigger hopefully I can id them

I have them on aspen as I dont know what humidity to keep them in, I dont know if they are burrowers or climbers or ones that like to hide in sticks and such. I will be experimenting with different substrates and humidity levels.

More pictures will be up soon!

Tarantula155

Arachnobaron
Arizona is my favorite state. One for the amount of exotic critters there, two it's clean, three it's cheap! I'm definitely going to end up there within the next few years or so.

You have quite a collection.

pperrotta03

Arachnosquire
Arizona is my favorite state. One for the amount of exotic critters there, two it's clean, three it's cheap! I'm definitely going to end up there within the next few years or so.

You have quite a collection.
Thanks! Ive been addicted for a little over a year now and it just keeps getting worse. And I agree about Arizona I will probably end up in the south myself one day.

---------- Post added 09-06-2013 at 11:49 PM ----------

Heres a pic of the hogna that I thought was pretty cool. Just hangin out in her log

The sicarius is pretty small, ill measure it when I get around to it

tappy tappa taparoo

---------- Post added 09-06-2013 at 11:51 PM ----------

Cool stuff. Which enclosure is the sicarius? Is it in one of the KK?
Im far too generous to put the sicarius in the KK, shes in a 12 quart sterilite container. Shes got lots of room to run around in.

tappy tappa taparoo

Plissken

Arachnopeon
Gotta love how the hognas eyes light up! I'm getting the itch for a sicarius again, the slings look just like a brown recluse. Need to fork out some cash for some new critters soon

pperrotta03

Arachnosquire
Display for them is set up, trying to keep the air temp for the scorps around 80-85. On the display are also some other pets of mine.

The millipedes are probably my favorite

T posticus didnt want to eat this morning, but seems healthy

tappy tappa taparoo

---------- Post added 09-07-2013 at 02:46 PM ----------

And the scorps like to sting a little too much for my liking. I went to feed them and some even stung before using their pedipalps to pinch the crickets. They are very fast and very skittish.

tappy tappa taparoo

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
The sicarius is a sling, right? Is that going to be its permanent home? I keep my slings in tall delis - plenty of room.

pperrotta03

Arachnosquire
Yes thats its permanent home. I know its a bit much but im going to stick with it

tappy tappa taparoo

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
Cool. Cutting down on rehousing isn't a bad idea with a fast toxic species. These little guys are amazing. I love the genus.

pperrotta03

Arachnosquire
Exactly my thinking, I was definately not planning on moving them much. Gotta keep those necrotoxins away from my bloodstream lol

tappy tappa taparoo

Plissken

Arachnopeon
Do you live in Antarctica dude? That amount of ice melt is unreal :roflmao: