16 batteries later..

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I've been practicing.I have decided that digital cameras are not worth the effort. I am contemplating getting a refund. :(

Attachments

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What is happening? Maybe some of us can help you? I was having probs with my digital camera flash whiting out everything, until I changed my substrate from vermiculite to peat. Now it doesn't reflect any light back so i get some awesome pics :)

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i dont know how to put more than one pict in a post..

here's another...please feel free to tell me what needs to be done. I have no clue what I am doing, and can't understand why the focusing is so difficult .

Attachments

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
everything is so blurry

Originally posted by Lostkat
What is happening? Maybe some of us can help you? I was having probs with my digital camera flash whiting out everything, until I changed my substrate from vermiculite to peat. Now it doesn't reflect any light back so i get some awesome pics :)
I cant get anything to come in clear no matter how close or far i am from the subject...first everything looked red...no matter what I looked at , Now I dont know what I did to the camera, and I DID try reading about it...but everything is blurry and when it is in macro mode it doesnt give me a flash option? is that normal?
*sigh* Maybe i could exchange it and get one I havent messed up yet..;P

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The pictures you've shown look fine to me.

Make sure that your T's are very well lit - it really helps the autofocus on most digital cameras. My Fuji makes a small bleep as it takes the shot if the autofocus has worked properly.

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Those are both GREAT pics, u should KEEP the camera. Just think of the less fortunate,like me, who cant affort to own one !! ;)

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
I don't see anything wrong with your pics. Look fine to me :)

Scott

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
Those are great pics. Very crisp, not blurry at all. What kind of camera are you using? My Sony Mavica takes good pics despite being outdated at 5 years old, but nothing as good as the ones you posted.

Leanne

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As far as the batteries issue goes, my camera also eats them up super fast. It takes four double A batteries and if I am using it a lot, especially when using the display on the back of the camera, I tend to drain those pretty damn fast. It is worth the small investment of buying rechargable batteries. I did and now I take way more pictures.

Gregg1LE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by JacenBeers
It is worth the small investment of buying rechargable batteries. I did and now I take way more pictures.
Amen to that. I think you take great pics. Maybe I need to learn how to use my camera.

Fungii

Arachnopeon
Hey Rapunzel, what kind of camera is it? The first pic looks pretty good, good detail, although the second one burnt my retinas out. =D Just kidding, the background is just a little bright.

I have a Canon s200. Its a 2 megabit camera, has a flash and uses compactflash for storage. I have a 128 meg card in it, holds a lotta pictures. It also uses a rechargeable battery pack so I never have to buy batteries.

It takes reasonably decent pictures in macro mode. Not as close up as I would like, but I think its main drawing point is its small size not the macro. Some people on this board have taken some awesome macro pictures with Nikons, but I think that's with the more expensive cameras.

Don't give up on digital cameras! They can take really good pictures with a little practice. :p

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
those pics look pretty good to me! I have two Sony digital cameras, with the Sony you push the button halfway until the green "focus" light stops blinking and then take the picture, if you just push the button the cam will not have time to focus and get all the needed info to take the best possible picture, does your cam work this way as well? both of my sony cams have rechargable ion lithium or some such batteries so I don't have to keep buying batteries, have you looked into rechargable batteries for your cam?
seems as if the flash should come on in macro mode, my sonys do.
Ed

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
Shoot, I don't even know if my Mavica has macro. My mom gave it to me when she got a new one and she didn't give me the owner's manual. It is 5 years old though....so I'm thinking it doesn't. It does do 60 second video though. Not sure what I would use that for, but......

Leanne

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
the problem i am having is with the focus.

It is an Olympus D-550zoom. Someone posted they have the exact same camera.
What i have done is somehow i screwed up a setting somewhere, I think. I cant zoom in like I should be able to. I cant even figure out what my slings look like...they are fuzzy blobs no matter where I put the camera. I cant zoom in on my dog now either like I could before.
The two pictures I posted up there required a TON of work after the picture. They looked GREAT on the camera then I uploaded them and yuckkkkkk..they were too dark, no detail. I had to really really play with the various tools they offer on the software to get them to look like they had on my screen.
Of course, then I stressed that maybe it was just my monitor...and welll...

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
rapunzel, learning any new piece of equipment can be nightmarish. Sometimes it's easier then at other times.

I don't know about you but when I first sat down at a computer I was like. "Erk????"

I wrestled with my camera at first but found it is So worth it.

I Did invest in rechargable batteries and got a couple of sets so one could be charged or charging while the other is in use.

Heh,,, husband took my other set for one of his toys so I have to wait for my camera's to recharge.

But They are worth it in my opinion.

My advice. Take a deep breath and try to relaxe while rereading about your camera and fiddling with it.

I know the more frazzled I get about something the more it evades me.

Those pictures you posted are Nice.

Your on the way and doing fine.

Don't give up. :)

pronty

Haunting Spider
Old Timer
Rapunzel!
Maybe the pics are a bit fuzzy because they are compressed too much? Can you set the pic quality in your camera?
The focusing seemed to be fine in those pics.

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'm trying

but i need to go buy more batteries (rechargable :) )
because I have used up every one in the house..now none of our teevee remotes will work..

my freshly molted about five days ago, L. parahybana..pigging out..

Attachments