14 ft retic bite

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just got popped by my 14 footer.

Reached in to offer him a rat my smaller retic didnt eat and by then the rat was room temp. I guess he thought my hand looked more appetizing than the rat on tweezers. lol He struck and constricted and I had to walk him to the bathroom for a quick shower to get him off.

Everything is fine now though hes back in the cage with the rat. I'm bandaged up and everything is good except for the slight throbbing.

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol just one bad one im emailing off of my phone now just figured i would post the story while i waited

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hm id go with maybe a 3 mild discomfort for most of it up to a 4 when he would tense up. Wasnt painful at all really.

like i said bad picture

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
not even a rip just a scratch lol

I expected it to be worse when I was getting him off of me.

I'm alittle disappointed. lol

JTC5150

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
not even a rip just a scratch lol

I expected it to be worse when I was getting him off of me.

I'm alittle disappointed. lol
Soak your hand in the thawing water with the food. Then, without drying your hand, reach in his enclosure and shake your hand in front of him LOLOLOLOL!!!!! How about a pic of the nipper!

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No thanks lol

This is fine. It is very sore right now and could have easily been WAY worse if it wasnt on the edge of my hand.

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I got tagged in the face by a 14-footer once...not that pleasant. Of course, I bled like a stuck pig and looked like stand-in in a cheap zombie flick for a couple of days, but it healed really fast, like all snake bites I've garnered, and didn't even leave any scars. The teeth prints from the top jaw were on my forehead and actually up into my hairline and the bottom teeth prints were on my chin; that's how large the mouth was. Fortunately, this was a defensive bite(wild-caught import snake)and not a feeding response, so it was just a quick strike-and-release, no constricting.

pitbulllady

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Its still pretty sore when I move it but thats to be expected.

I suppose I'm going to invest in some tongs or something get me alittle more reach than my 10 inch tweezers. I could use something that is able to pick up rabbits.

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Its still pretty sore when I move it but thats to be expected.

I suppose I'm going to invest in some tongs or something get me alittle more reach than my 10 inch tweezers. I could use something that is able to pick up rabbits.
I use some 24" tongs I picked up off of ebay.It was a 24" tong hemostat set

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I dont like hemostats. I think im just going to get some standard snake tongs.

CodeWilster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Glad it wasn't all that bad, you lucked out! I got tagged the other day by my 9 footer and it really suprised me. It felt like somebody held some nails at the base of my palm (toward my thumb) and slammed a car door on it. It swelled a bit and turned all sorts of pretty colors. Now I have a nice little row of scars to show off :) He's always had my respect but he gets extra now :p