?????????

gilly2k

Arachnopeon
Totally baffled i asked about my g,rossa because it hasnt eaten, hardly moved and has basically done nowt, for three weeks its bald spots turned black and shows general signs of nearing a molt but then about 10 mins ago it suddenly decided to eat does this mean no molt.

second question i have just got hold of a mex red knee 13 days ago, its not eaten how long do u reckon it takes to settle in.

thanks for any help

gilly2k

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Not necessarily, but it may delay it a bit. T's also shed their stomach lining when they molt, so if there is something in there being digested, it's not gonna molt till it's done. I would not put any more prey in there till after it molts. G. rosea can go for a significant time without eating anyway.

Scott

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
if there is one thing i've learned on this forum, it's that the g.rosea is a non-conformist! i have a rosie and she didnt eat for about 7 months--now she's eating again. no T is completely predictable, thank goodness! :) they'd be pretty boring if you knew exactly what they were going to do at all times. if your T isnt hungry, i wouldnt worry myself to pieces. just watch the abdomen and as long as it stays a good size, you're probably good to go.

oh, and take MD's advice about not putting anymore prey in. not just because of the stomach lining piece but because crickets are opportunists--they will munch on your T when it is molting. i actually have a friend whose bearded dragon got nibbled on by crickets while she was sleeping and ended up dying a few days later. that's a pretty pricey meal for a cricket!

anyways, if you think your T is gonna molt, lay back and just give it space for awhile. :)

kellygirl

gilly2k

Arachnopeon
She aint eaten it after all shes jus killed it an moved it away from her hide out

Thanks for your replys, i apreciate them

As over the eight years iv had T's i have never noticed this b4.

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have 2 g. rosea. They are both eating outrageously. As many crickets as i can put in, they would gobble them all up.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Originally posted by gilly2k
She aint eaten it after all shes jus killed it an moved it away from her hide out
Many times when a T is in premolt, they will kill off anything that could disturb them while molting. A cricket is definitely something that could disturb them.

Scott