120 gal

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My friend gave me his old 120 tank for my b-day and i am trying to think of what to put in there. I thought maybe a colony of scorps.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
WOW, i would buy like 120 L.q and have them all there. :D But seriously you can make a little mini-enviroment and fill it with a few species of scorpions with little or no cannibalism.

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow..what a nice friend :D
Well there was one catch. It had been down in his basement for years and was dirty as all get out, so he told me if i would clean it I could have it. but one i got it all cleaned up, it looked brand new

LF[Media]

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You have no idea how many terrariums I've taken into the shower with me and scrubbed with disinfectant and gojo because they were so filthy dirty. Took a 100 gallon down from my barn that was filled with rat <EDIT> and had to scrub it and completely nuke it with disinfectants before I would dare put any animals into it. It currently houses a Burmese :)

Last edited by a moderator:

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd find someone who can get you loads of C vittatus for cheap... and by cheap I don't mean someone who is going to charge you 10 each for scorps they find in they're backyard and make a quick hundred off ya.... and setup a ton of land debris and climbs. They're not an awesome species but they'd be asthetic in a large setup with a bunch of individuals.

twirl and kill

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
fill it with substrate,live plants and vines and stuff,and then less then later!....you could have your own hunting setup in your room!:D

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
WOW, i would buy like 120 L.q and have them all there. :D But seriously you can make a little mini-enviroment and fill it with a few species of scorpions with little or no cannibalism.
which one's do you think would be the best.

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would divide that tank using plexi glass and put different species :D

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow, a 120?! That must be huge! A gigantic colony of scorps would be cool, but if I had that kinda space I'd be thinking of something/s with a backbone, and not without one. Just my opinon ~ Rex

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
which one's do you think would be the best.
all up to you. I would personally try a desert set-up with some Centroides species maybe some mexican ones. That'll be best since centroides seem to be more tolerent to themselves.

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow, a 120?! That must be huge! A gigantic colony of scorps would be cool, but if I had that kinda space I'd be thinking of something/s with a backbone, and not without one. Just my opinon ~ Rex
yeah, i also have a thread in the not so spineless wonders, but figure i'd put one in here too