12 year hiatus...

parabuthus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It only took me 12 years to log back in!

Turns out one of my sons wants to keep a scorpion. So I'm back in the market for a Hadrurus again...

Was wondering if any of the peeps I used to speak to on here are still around and still keeping?

It is nice to be back.
Hope this post is in the right place and OK to post etc. Cheers 😎

parabuthus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thank you buddy. It is nice to be back! Looking forward to brushing back up on my knowledge and learning of course!

I wouldn't be surprised if your son shares your interest!

Diao

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I remember you! Welcome back! I too just recently started posting again in the last month-ish after an almost identical length hiatus! And, oddly enough, I've just recently relocated to the land of Hadrurus; good ol' Arizona!

What species are you considering for him? I haven't had real extensive experience with H. arizonensis, but I've found H. spadix was slightly less aggressive in captivity while still being comparably active/ enjoyable to observe. For a first scorpion I feel those are important qualities to help foster and further one's interest in the hobby. I'd maybe check with a few other people first, as that was just my personal experience between the two species and not something I've heard to be a general consensus amongst scorpion hobbyists.

Anyway, glad to see you're back, I hope you stick around and continue posting! Good luck and have fun picking out your kiddo's first scorp! :scorpion::D