$1000 US.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Animals already in the US,or EU/Canada that were cleared by customs,before the ruling,
are legal to breed/sell and have,per USFW.
Again,the animals taken by USFW were confiscated at customs.Coming into the country,
not already here,before the ruling.

Per.USFW agent.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
And here,s the other thing. Larger US/Canadian/EU importers are going to have dates
of the shipments coming from Brazil,or any other country for that matter.
On the date they received,and the import order was cleared by the government agency,
that was a legal and proper transaction,they will and should,make the argument that the animals
were received,and accepted in good faith,with no laws broken,at that time.

And...that's the great thing about AB,and us T people!!!!
Ask a question,make a statement....and we will take it far beyond what it
started out as.
Our spoods would be proud of us.:happy::happy::happy::happy:.

Last edited by a moderator:

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
Back to mystery boxes. I looked into Palp Frictions and among other things they would like you send them a list of species you already have so they can send you something new. This make's me want to buy one (not the $1000 dollar one!) just to send them my list and see if they're able to get me all new species. My list will make them sweat.

Last edited:

Dandrobates

Arachnoknight
I’m imagining the possibilities. For a thousand dollars the mystery box should be a cake delivered to your house that a stripper jumps out of and then proceeds to hand out T. seladonias.

purplephilia

Arachnolurker
I know no one knows me from Eve here, but I really like Palp Friction. I’m relatively new and don’t have a whole lot of Ts but I’ve ordered from them 3-4 times and they’ve always remembered me and were thoughtful and generous with freebies. When I requested no more freebies due to limited space, Alexandra created a coupon code for me to use in place of a freebie. They do price matching and I was about to order some Bumba cabocla at a price lower than what they had listed but then the whole Brazil thing happened. :grumpy:

Mystery boxes aren’t for me but if someone was seriously considering one from PF I think they probably wouldn’t be disappointed since, like @Liquifin pointed out, they always have some nice uncommon species for sale, and I like that they ask for a list of what you already have.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I think he got like 5 Sabah Blues (including an adult female) and one, maybe two T. seladonia and I think one or two more species.
I just checked, he got:

6x P. sp. "Sabah Blue" (1x AF, 2x slings, 2x juvies, 1x juvie gimp)
Female Plusiotis sp. (Jewelled Beetle)
1x T. seladonia

TarantulasWorld

Arachnosquire
Those are basically illegal to sell in the USA now, Palp Friction had all their T. seladonia's taken from them that they bred themselves. So don't expect a T. seladonia being sold in a mystery box.
This is the biggest fake news ever lol non of their seladonia have been taken away. Neither their imports nor the multiple sacs they bred.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
This is the biggest fake news ever lol non of their seladonia have been taken away. Neither their imports nor the multiple sacs they bred.
My understanding is they're basically like the Sri lankan pokies - legal to own, illegal to sell across state lines (which is BS, IMO)

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Ohmygosh, YES. lol
I dont think you can with imports, what with having to declare the species being imported. Really no mystery to it at that point, more like a random grab bag

SteveIDDQD

Arachnosquire
I watched tarantula dan open a £1000 mystery box, seemed he got way more than £1000s worth IIRC.

I wouldn't buy one for that much, but personally wouldn't mind buying one for £100 or so.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
Law is Law: dura lex, sed lex :pompous:
"Stupid laws require smart changes" - me, 3:44 pm 6/3/2019:smug:

I watched tarantula dan open a £1000 mystery box, seemed he got way more than £1000s worth IIRC.
By the way, I'm pretty sure Tarantula Dan got this box for free from The Spider Shop, he promotes them a lot. I also saw another English youtube T video (can't remember the guys name), made around the same time, with a cheaper mystery box from The Spider Shop. they were probably sending them out for promotion.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I dont think you can with imports, what with having to declare the species being imported. Really no mystery to it at that point, more like a random grab bag
If you are the importer, yes. But we are not. Theneil was talking about asking our importer to do mystery boxes for us. The sellers always know what is in the mystery boxes lol