Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

10 gal communal?

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Dillon, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Dillon

Dillon Arachnobaron

Advertisement
    Hi everybody, im wondering if emperors are communal in a 10 gallon or if i need more room.

I have one at the moment but i decked out out this ten gallon and theres plenty of hides and room for more.

Think it could hold at least one more in there comfortably?

Thanks!

2. talljosh003

talljosh003 Arachnodemon

yeah i have heard that two can live in a 10 gallon as long as they have plenty of hides. i have my pair in a 29 gallon though {D

3. JeffX

JeffX Arachnosquire

I have two in a ten gallon. I have two hides as well as they plenty of places to burrow.

4. inverts

inverts Arachnobaron Old Timer

You should be able to put two Pandinus imperators together in a 10gal. tank as long as there are plenty of hides, they are fed regularly, and the substrate is deep enough to allow them to burrow; but you should probably rearrange the habitat before introducing a new inhabitant. Just keep an eye on the scorpions after introducing them.

5. mkieff

mkieff Arachnoknight

I have 4 adults in half of a 55 gallon tank. And they are doing fine. The only problem I had was one of them managed to get into the other side of the enclosure and was taken out by my Heterometrus longimanus.

It must of been a nasty fight. Because there were emp parts all over the enclosure.

6. The general rule-of-thumb is 1 emperor per 5 gallons... That said I've successfully kept 1 adult in a 2.5 gallon tank and 5 in a 10 gallon tank, just do as you stated at least 1 more premade hide than scorp and well fed.

Below is my 10 gallon with 5 emperors, there are at least 3 seperate burrows in the gnarly log and 1 hide under the 1/2 log in the lower left and 1 hide under the water dish upper left.

[​IMG]

7. Leadreign

Leadreign Arachnosquire

I kept my 5 adult emps in a 20 gallon with 3 hiding spots. They were fine for awhile.

8. scorpion josh

scorpion josh Arachnosquire

yeah i also have 5 emps in a 20 gal with 3 hides for over a year now and never had any problems.

9. ~Abyss~

~Abyss~ Arachnoking Old Timer

WTH, a few years ago people were saying 3 per 10 gallon? I've kept up to five. And they still had plenty of space especially since i made a combination of 3 underground burrows and three hides. Actually it was three P.imps and 2 H. spinifers.

10. Dillon

Dillon Arachnobaron

Right on guys...Looks like ill be getting my boy a girlfriend!!

11. talljosh003

talljosh003 Arachnodemon

hopefully you can get some babies!! :)

12. Malcara

Malcara Arachnoknight

I have 4 big ones in a 20 gallon long was gonna get a 5th, but decided to get other species instead they seem happy. Keeps crickets happy when not being eaten lol

13. Dillon

Dillon Arachnobaron

ive read about re-arranging the tank to get rid of any territory thats been established....should i bother with that?

14. inverts

inverts Arachnobaron Old Timer

Yes, it would probably be best to rearrange the tank, although some will disagree and say this is "unnecessary"; the choice is yours, but I would say, "Better safe than sorry."

15. Dillon

Dillon Arachnobaron

Agreed. Thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.