1" spiderling

ZombieGal

Arachnopeon
So, i took him (My b. boehmei spiderling) out for the first time in a while, to see how he was looking. i was on the kitchen counter, when i had taken him out. He ran REALLY fast, faster than i've seen him move, and slipped off my hand!
My hand was only about 3 feet from the ground, and he fell and hit the ground!
I picked him back up and checked him out to see if he had hurt himself...but i didn't see anything.
I'm worried about my little bugger though, i've never had any of mine fall before!

Do you think he'll be fine? :(

Thanks!

ZombieGal

Arachnopeon
Also, i do not see any leaking as if he's "bleeding" or anything. When i picked him back up, he acted normally. Just walked around on my hand as i put him back in his enclosure. Doesn't seem to be acting weird at all.
I'm just really scared!

DemonAsh

Arachnosquire
Also, i do not see any leaking as if he's "bleeding" or anything. When i picked him back up, he acted normally. Just walked around on my hand as i put him back in his enclosure. Doesn't seem to be acting weird at all.
I'm just really scared!
If he's not leaking any hemolymph, then odds are he'll be ok. That is a good example though, of why most participants in this forum are against the handling of Ts, among other reasons. I'd reccomend a squat-legged poisition over carpet when you want to handle him again. (or, as I'm sure someone will add, just don't handle him again) :)

Speedy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Scary - sounds like he will be okay though, just keep a close eye on him..

This is why I don't handle mine. I stopped after I almost dropped my Rosie - she bit me good and my first reaction was to fling her across the room, but I held on and ran her to her cage.. She was fully grown (pretty big, I got her as an adult) and would have most likely died if I'd dropped her, being so fat and heavy.

ZombieGal

Arachnopeon
If he's not leaking any hemolymph, then odds are he'll be ok. That is a good example though, of why most participants in this forum are against the handling of Ts, among other reasons. I'd reccomend a squat-legged poisition over carpet when you want to handle him again. (or, as I'm sure someone will add, just don't handle him again) :)
Doesn't seem to be leaking anything at all, he's actually drinkin from a little drop of water in his enclosure right now, so cute. :) I think if i ever handle em again, i'll make sure i'm sitting on my bed. Thanks for the help!

ZombieGal

Arachnopeon
Oh no! Well good thing you can control your urges! I've never been bit by any type of T before, is it pretty painful?

Scary - sounds like he will be okay though, just keep a close eye on him..

This is why I don't handle mine. I stopped after I almost dropped my Rosie - she bit me good and my first reaction was to fling her across the room, but I held on and ran her to her cage.. She was fully grown (pretty big, I got her as an adult) and would have most likely died if I'd dropped her, being so fat and heavy.

Speedy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Oh no! Well good thing you can control your urges! I've never been bit by any type of T before, is it pretty painful?
Well, I loved that little grump.. I had to really fight not to drop her lol

It felt like being stabbed by two small nails. Didn't feel good ;) but nothing really bad. Felt like a bad bee sting afterwards.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cute little sling!

:)

I'm sure he's just fine, if he hasn't started acting odd by now.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Keep an eye on it the next few days, look for any scabbing (a bright penlight helps with this) where there could be possible injuries, give plenty of water and, as others have said, if you must handle, do it over soft surfaces where there isn't much height to fall from. Babies can be skittish and will often run from the big predator (you).

ZombieGal

Arachnopeon
Well, I loved that little grump.. I had to really fight not to drop her lol

It felt like being stabbed by two small nails. Didn't feel good ;) but nothing really bad. Felt like a bad bee sting afterwards.
Hah, doesn't sound too bad. Can't hurt more than a piercing, huh?

ZombieGal

Arachnopeon
Keep an eye on it the next few days, look for any scabbing (a bright penlight helps with this) where there could be possible injuries, give plenty of water and, as others have said, if you must handle, do it over soft surfaces where there isn't much height to fall from. Babies can be skittish and will often run from the big predator (you).
Thanks for the tip! i had like the "key hole" type light on my keychain, and i checked him out with that, and he seemed to be doing pretty okay. I'm just hoping nothing internal is wrong!

ZombieGal

Arachnopeon
Cute little sling!

:)

I'm sure he's just fine, if he hasn't started acting odd by now.

I JUST REALIZED I CAN PUT MORE THAN ONE QUOTE IN A RESPONSE. Wow, i feel idiotic. >.>
Anyways,
Yeah he isn't acting odd yet! I'd be so sad if he did, he's too cute. Named : Mr. Peter Stumpps :)

ZombieGal

Arachnopeon
It's been a few days since the fall, and he seems just fine. :)
Feeding day today, so hopefully he eats, which would be an even better sign!

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
Well, fortunately a lightweight little sling wouldn't have had the impact from that height that a full grown T would have - - I'm sure it'll be just fine :) Reminds me of my 2" G. pulchra though - - I thought they were slow moving Ts. That little sucker is quick as can be!