1 Polymoprha = 31 polymorpha

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, as the title says really..
My polymorpha has just dropped aload of eggs.
Shes been cradling them for 4days.
I can see they are insanely good mothers with eggs, so i am reletively happy with leaving them with her.
I would like to know a bit about how long theyr eggs, how she wil be when their young pedes, how to care for them during these first days of life.
DAMN is she a good mom though, she hasnt moved even slightly, only rotating and cleaning her eggs constantly.

Basically any info i can gather about the gestation, behaviour and tips on whaat to do.
Cheers

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
the local polymorpha i have are awesome moms. i seriously abused one doing a test-to-destruction and she would NOT eat the damnthings!

keep caring for the mom as usual. i have fed and not fed moms. both worked for me. i dont' remember anything about dev times... but i have posted a number of threads about my past experiences on here

you should have fully functioning wigglies in about 60-90 days at a broad bad rememberguess

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How long can the young be left with her?
Will she loose th maturnal instinct quickly or maybe seperate them when they darken out?
Cheers caco

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
How long can the young be left with her?
Will she loose th maturnal instinct quickly or maybe seperate them when they darken out?
Cheers caco
i have stolen babies when they still hadn't colored up and they were fine. i have left them until they were basically little striped adult colored clings and they were fine

what you will notice is that the babies will gradually spend less and less time with mamma. at first they will cluster with her and be in constant contact... after they shed from being all white (maybe even a little before then) they will start to make exploratory expeditions but return to mamma... then they just sort of return less and less.

there seems to be a lot of latitude with this species