1 inch Gbb care

RalphDacanay

Arachnosquire
So im really getting confuse now just saw on other threads that gbb slings should be kept dry with water dish then i came across another thread saying the substrate should be damp. I just want my future gbb sling to have the best thanks and also include the size of the enclosure because from what i heard they grow fast also saw some people saying they have their gbb molt 3 times in 3 month so they are very fast grower. Arboreal or terrestrial or semi? Feeding for sling? Every other day? Size? As big as their body?

dopamine

Arachnobaron
All slings need a certain amount of moisture, even GBBs. Keep the sub damp until he's around 1-1.5".

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
All slings need a certain amount of moisture, even GBBs. Keep the sub damp until he's around 1-1.5".
If the enclosure allows it, dry sub with a waterdish is enough moisture for a one inch Gbb.
Op, i couldn't give you exact measurements as an answer in your other thread about the size of enclosure because i'm not good with estimating sizes in inches ;).

cold blood

Staff member
At 1" a gbb will be just fine on dry sub with a water dish.

They are terrestrial.

That kind of molting frequency is not uncommon with slings, as long as theyre not of the slow growing variety like brachypelma for example.

You will need to feed more often and keep temps up to get that growth though....like kept around 80 and fed every 3-4 days.

Last edited:

SausageinaNet

Arachnopeon
I keep mine dry with a water dish. If it is below 1" you can moisten part of the substrate two to three times a week instead of giving it a water dish.
For your other questions
1.terrestrial
2. Wouldn't feed more than twice a week as powerfeeding shortens your Ts lifespan and is unnecessary if you don't want to breed.
3. Food should never be bigger than carapace and abdomen combined. Usually a bit smaller than that is perfect.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've always kept my GBB slings dry with a water dish as this is the climate they live in. A 1" GBB fits fine in a 16 oz deli cup. You will need various containers due to a fast growth rate.

Terrestrial setup for them.

mistertim

Arachnobaron
Agreed with the others. 1 inch is plenty big for a 16 oz deli cup. Add in a water bottle cap for a water dish and that's all you need. Though ideally you'll want to provide a couple of anchor points for webbing. maybe a little piece of wood and a fake leaf or something. IME they tend to web faster and be less skittish if they have some anchor points to build a nice web where they feel secure.

RalphDacanay

Arachnosquire
Ok thanks no misting just water dish, do they dig? Dry substrate is ok, 16 oz for enclosure, fast growers

mistertim

Arachnobaron
Ok thanks no misting just water dish, do they dig? Dry substrate is ok, 16 oz for enclosure, fast growers
The only "misting" I ever did when my GBB was about 1.5 inches and under was to drip some water droplets onto its web every so often but you don't necessarily need to do that. They're very hardy. My GBB never did any digging. They tend to web a ton and use that as their hides instead of digging...it's actually pretty cool as they'll build entire web tunnel systems in the right setup. That's why I recommended some anchor points.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Happy keeping :)
Keep an eye on that waterdish, it looks quite webbed up, which could lead to too much moisture leeching into the substrate. Welcome to the waterdish struggle :p

RalphDacanay

Arachnosquire
Happy keeping :)
Keep an eye on that waterdish, it looks quite webbed up, which could lead to too much moisture leeching into the substrate. Welcome to the waterdish struggle :p
Already remove some webbings on it. And the water dish is not full

RalphDacanay

Arachnosquire
So it just moleted on thursday and i dont know when to feed it, and what to feed it, i have some super worms and im just planning to cut it in half is that ok? And how big should its prey be and how often should i feed it?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
As long as it's abdomen if a good size I'd wait at least a week. Though my GBBs have never used a water dish, I always make sure every T has access to water and more so after a molt.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
It's not bad. I've seen some a lot smaller after molting. I'd give it at least a week before trying to feed.