1/8 inch sling...

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I was wondering, I just aquired 1/8 inch B. vagans sling. It's in a vial right now, yet the vial is too small for my feeble dexterity.

How big of an enclosure can I put this little fella in without endangering it ?

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I wouldn't get anything larger than say a 1.5"h x 2.5"w deli-cup or something alittle smaller. That should provide you with plenty of dexterity.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
A small vial is not a bad thing at that size. They love to tunnel so I like leaving them in vials till they molt a few times and need to be moved. Or use a small deli cup like one of those salsa sour cream to go deals from a resturant. Those work well to.

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Sometimes the added depth of a vial can be a blessing. My B. boehmei (1/4" when I got her) LOVED to dash up the side of the vial when I opened it to drop food in. I needed the extra second of travel time to keep her from escaping on more than one occasion.

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Make sure if you rehouse s'ling in a deli-cup, the cup doesnt have air holes already punched in it. You can pick these up rather cheaply at grocery and retail stores too.

Ventilate with sewing needles.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i keep my tiny vagands sling (about 1/4 inch) in one of those small boxes you buy crickets in. it's about 3x3x1,5 inches and the sling does fine in it. however, mine is a very active specimen and grabs his pinheads right away. so if yours does not take the food dropped before him, you might want to try something smaller.