1.5+" Usumbara escape -- yet the lid is still on -- you tell me!!!

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I got several ideas hope you hear me out.

It could have gotten out by several ways:

1/ You were changing something and happened to be sticking to it but u didn't notice and so you brought it out and it ran like heck...

2/ Someone don't let the T or you and therefore you got your case.

3/ The cricket ate your T there fore you got a fat cricket instead.

:}

4/ Your T has the Keys to its cage and opened it and go away.

5/ Probably still in there hiding so well that its probably really hard to find.

Thats my ideas. JUST IDEAS AND NOTHING MORE.

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
.....relativistic quantum mechanics ...=D

Finally someone that uses their brain!;P

Just playin'=D

Did you find that bug yet?
I hope you do. (or did:)) Look under everything.
It will be hiding in the warmest, darkest place.

Kali

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
if it makes you feel any better, i thought that i had lost a usambara, also. as i shook the lid in my hand, yelled, and cussed at the makers of the kritter keeper, i realised that the usambara was in the lid itself, curled into a terrified ball inches from my hand. try the lid?:? good luck!
Kristin

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey guys
first off - hi tony! how are you doing with the rest of your slings? You should bring some to the Swap next month :)

Well after i fed them last night, i did my last little check, and everything was perfect.

it was def. through the slots somehow. i think these guys can do alot more than we give them credit for...

that or my quantum physics idea which i really don't think is that possible (its never 100% impossible ;) )

but the lids were def. on nice and tight... i can't explain it.
i'm going to do another check around the place now that its finally nice and dark... i really think it got into the walls unfortunately..

i'm just waiting for this bad boy to morph into a 4' monster and then come back for me :)

the lid wasn't open, so it couldn't have shot out....
faulty lid? i don't know. I mean it is a possibility that maybe one of the sides of the lid wasn't clicked down and i suppose it could have popped it open, or slithered out.. i dont know, i wasn't there...

its not the WORST thing that could have happened, but it does pretty much bite....

i just hope i find the bugger. 'twas a beautiful sling!

Kim -- if youre reading this, did you find your guy?

and yeah, they can scrunchup REAL good in the corners of those kritter keepers. Thats where mine made a couple of webs...

now im convinced i keep feeling something crawling up my leg underneath the computer desk.. damned imagination.

everythings out of the cage, including the substrate which i sieved through.. there is a kind of large hole in the corner RIGHT where the little cage was, so i'm thinking it just booked it for that probably...

i'm just wondering how that punk got out!!! my first real houdini escape (or perhaps Arthur Eddington escape for the quantum/black hole folks out there ;) )

back to pulling all the drawers out of my bureau...
peace
dave

Frostbyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Is it just me or do alot of people seem to have escapes? LOL , Im so freakin paranoid I check and re-check my Ts lids . Dave , maybe this was a female T .. throw on some mood music chill a bottle of wine , polish up on your best lines and sit-back and relax. No serious , is there a way you can use a cricket or a small water dish as a trap? Id figure sooner or later she/he would be looking for food or water. Good Luck !

si_sleaf

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Perhaps somebody baked a cake with a file in it and it made a swift getaway....

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hmmm..you seem to know an awfult lot about this "file deal", si_sleaf.......

goodone frost :)

yeah its my first real head-scratcher escape. Still haven't found it yet...

pced
ave

ithuriel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:) maybe the T was sitting there thinking about its existence , the why am i here , do i really exist stuff. decided reality was just a figment of its imagination n vanished in a poof of nothingness.:)

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
my dad bought a mouse once to bring how to feed my snake back when i fed it live prey, i realized the snake was gone when i put the mouse in, so my dad adopted the mouse and kept it in a cage on the kitchen counter like a bird cage that had bars anywayz like 6 months down the road i woke up one saturday morning with my mom screaming turns out that the snake crawled into the tank in the middle of the night it was 6 months so he was pretty slinder anywayz he couldnt get out cuz he had a big fat lump in his belly from eating that mouse

everytime he gets out now we try the same thing it was working for awhile but now he got smart about it and only sticks his head in grabs the mouse ripps it through the bars and takes off:? so now when he gets out i just have to wait till he comes out for water...last time my mom found him in her underwear drawer that was not fun my mom dosent like my animals specially when they get into her underwear drawer...oh by the way he gets out because i have asthma and i keep my suv machine ontop of the lid to his cage because he pushes it open and when i have an asthma attack in the middle of the night and im too tired to remember to put it back on his cage after im done thats when he gets out...anywayz i wish it was that easy to catch a t it would be much better then just worring about them all the time, my snake is an evil scavenger so i know he will alwayz comeback to me:D

sean

si_sleaf

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by RugbyDave
hmmm..you seem to know an awfult lot about this "file deal", si_sleaf.......

ave

Maybe, but you'll never make it stand up in a court of law;)