Year 4: 2
Year 5: 17
Year 6: 35
Year 7: 61
Year 8: 57

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Well ‘welcome’ to the hobby former Arachnophobe (I didn’t know that about you)!
You have certainly gone from 0-100, hopefully you got room for all them when they are all adults 😬😉

I had a bunch when I was younger, but have slowed down and so far it’s been about 6mo with no new additions to my collection....wondering if I’ll make it to the 1yrs Mark. This hobby is a ‘curse’ sometimes cause there will always be another one you want that you feel you can’t live with out and just have to have, but I am learning to be content with what I have until the rest are all mature. So far it’s made me appreciate the ones I do have now a little more cause I’m not always trying to just get the next best one, over the best ones I currently have.

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This hobby is a ‘curse’ sometimes cause there will always be another one you want that you feel you can’t live with out and just have to have, but I am learning to be content with what I have until the rest are all mature. So far it’s made me appreciate the ones I do have now a little more cause I’m not always trying to just get the next best one, over the best ones I currently have.
This ! You just have to talk to yourself and put your foot down. As tempting as it would be to get more, there's no need for more. Plus I don't have room anymore to squeeze further in, so I'm better off holding off temptative purchases and appreciate what I have currently. The last T I acquired was my rescue T. albo back in 2017. I do peruse dealer lists often just for fun, never clicking the purchase button. Started with 1 in 2009 and since 2017 still with just a modest 4. Better those than none, right ? Another big plus for me is that all are females, so I'll enjoy their company for another 15-20 years at best.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I do peruse dealer lists often just for fun, never clicking the purchase button.
I do the same thing!
This ! You just have to talk to yourself and put your foot down. As tempting as it would be to get more, there's no need for more. Plus I don't have room anymore to squeeze further in, so I'm better off holding off temptative purchases and appreciate what I have currently.
Exactly!! Maybe I’ll expand again when I’m not in a 1br apartment and in a house. But I have all my plants, and stones, and other entomology stuff. I will only be getting dwarfs if I get anything for the next couple years.

Rozwyrazowana

Arachnopeon
Today I realized that's been exactly 13 months since I've got my first T. I have 9 Ts now, including MM that had his ultimate molt 10 months ago. There are so many fantastic species that I definitely want to get more, but I want to sex my juvies first and better assess how much space I will need when they reach adulthood.

I do peruse dealer lists often just for fun, never clicking the purchase button.
I have a cart full of Ts in every online tarantula shop here.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Well ‘welcome’ to the hobby former Arachnophobe (I didn’t know that about you)!
You have certainly gone from 0-100, hopefully you got room for all them when they are all adults 😬😉

I had a bunch when I was younger, but have slowed down and so far it’s been about 6mo with no new additions to my collection....wondering if I’ll make it to the 1yrs Mark. This hobby is a ‘curse’ sometimes cause there will always be another one you want that you feel you can’t live with out and just have to have, but I am learning to be content with what I have until the rest are all mature. So far it’s made me appreciate the ones I do have now a little more cause I’m not always trying to just get the next best one, over the best ones I currently have.
Wall shelves have become my best friend. Thirteen are dwarf or small species which helps.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Wall shelves have become my best friend. Thirteen are dwarf or small species which helps.
Yes the wall shelves certainly help, and I’m the same way with the dwarfs! Those are the only ones if I do acquire any more. Although my big living room wall shelving unit is mostly all my stones and suiseki now.

bobbibink

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
1997 :1
2009: 4
2018: 5
2020: 10
2021: 15

same with me——> no more, unless a dwarf 🙂

sk063

Arachnopeon
In year 1. We currently have 8 T's. I've fallen in love with Arboreals so probably going to end up with another one this year, and absolutely want a fossorial. Then full stop for awhile to see what we consider as a manageable number. I've been keeping honeybees since 06 and have found that a dozen colonies keeps it fun and not to much like work, so that's what I'm looking for here.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
1997 :1
2009: 4
2018: 5
2020: 10
2021: 15

same with me——> no more, unless a dwarf 🙂
My last three I really have on the bucket list is Psalmopoeus cambridge, pulcher and redunkus. Those are all dwarfs, right?! 😂.

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
Smart, what people often forget to think about!
I think about it. I just plan to be out of an apartment when my slow-growing Aphonopelmas and Andean dwarfs need adult enclosures. And some of my dudes will mature and be out of here in the next six months.

;__; And then they'll leave home and never call their mother ;__;

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I think about it. I just plan to be out of an apartment when my slow-growing Aphonopelmas and Andean dwarfs need adult enclosures. And some of my dudes will mature and be out of here in the next six months.

;__; And then they'll leave home and never call their mother ;__;
You’ll have a full wall of gone but not forgotten. Another wall of babies, and then 90 that will all come out of the closet.

Rozwyrazowana

Arachnopeon
Smart, what people often forget to think about!
I've bought an adult female LP lately, when I told my husband that I plan to do it, he gave me measuring tape and told me to show him where I'm going to fit enclosure for her. It was a good thing because it turned that my shelf is longer but more shallow than the enclosure I was planning on buying, so I found another that fits and the LP became the family member.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
__; And then they'll leave home and never call their mother ;__;
🥺🥺🥺
I know you def do and with me you’re yeah I’m not sure when that time is going to come for me I got another at least 14mo here. So I’m very careful, only little guys for me for the next year or two

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I've bought an adult female LP lately, when I told my husband that I plan to do it, he gave me measuring tape and told me to show him where I'm going to fit enclosure for her. It was a good thing because it turned that my shelf is longer but more shallow than the enclosure I was planning on buying, so I found another that fits and the LP became the family member.
Lucky you hahah. My SO would be like “really Connor.....!??....nope go get another dwarf instead” :rofl:

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Can totally relate. I had a measuring tape in my room for the longest time. It’s amazing how narrow shelves can be. Took me awhile to find 12” wides. If any of mine Ts need space wider than that I’ll have to thin outside the box.

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
You’ll have a full wall of gone but not forgotten. Another wall of babies, and then 90 that will all come out of the closet.
I'll keep little portraits of my sons who were all lost at sea* and look at them fondly sometimes.

*eaten by lady spiders
I know you def do and with me you’re yeah I’m not sure when that time is going to come for me I got another at least 14mo here. So I’m very careful, only little guys for me for the next year or two
I should be more careful, tbh, but I'm awesome at enclosure tetris. Also, my partner and I have a massive overlap when it comes to our comic book collections, so I will be able to consolidate our collection and make a few more empty shelves to store my babies until we move into a place where I get a nice office full of shelves to admire all of them. In the meantime, I think I've done pretty well managing a fairly decent sized collection in a 10.5' x 12' bedroom along with all this other crap:
Untitled_Artwork 5.jpg