šŸ”„ Firing It Up Tuesday

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Honestly, aside from their usual anti-pet agenda and the sensationalistic "feelings" stupidity, overall I don't find that much wrong with what they're saying. Many of the topics mentioned in the article have been discussed on this forum for over 20 years. They're not entirely wrong.

ā€œTarantulas canā€™t be domesticatedā€ šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ˜©
They can't...

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
"...........they wonā€™t bond with you. In fact, they likely wonā€™t even recognize you. They simply arenā€™t hardwired to be companions to humans.........."

So what's your point?

"...........Tarantulas Shouldnā€™t Be Handled.........."

So what's your point?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
"Humans began to fear tarantulas when the Italian town of Taranto cultivated a myth that anyone bitten by one would enter a hypnotic state called ā€œtarantismā€ and be forced to dance continuously."

Muahahah, always funny :)
It's not completely false, back then in those southern Italy towns the people really believed in that sort of mystical/religious thing.

One thing is certain, it's beyond me how L. tarantula survived in Taranto, since is one of Italy's most polluted areas.

English subs btw v

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
Tarantulas really have feelings yea. At least some people wonā€™t buy those wc ts at petco and petsmart

aprilmayjunebugs

Fiery but Mostly Peaceful
Arachnosupporter
So..... We shouldn't buy them because they can't bond with us and they live a long time, got it. We gotta shut this horrid AB down immediately! It's unethical!

Last edited:

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I wonā€™t click on anything PETA. Maybe they will go away without anyone clicking on their stuff.. one can wish anyway.

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
..........Treated as disposable merchandise, countless animalsā€”including tarantulas, birds, fish, cats, dogs, rodents, and reptilesā€”are born (or hatched) into the pet trade every year. Theyā€™re ultimately sold to anyone willing to pay for them, and the resultant animal suffering is immeasurable.........

In reference to that last statement, doesn't that depend on the care they're receiving? I would like to think that responsibly captive bred animals purchased by a conscientious owner have a pretty good life.

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
I'm not a Peta fan and although some of the things they wrote on are understandable it's the actions they take that are extremely bad.

If you understood the bigger message here from Peta it is actively trying to put a stop to everyone keeping tarantulas.

I do not support anything that is illegal. I can speak for myself on this. I also don't support another entity trying to hinder me keeping captive bred tarantulas. I also don't want hindered responsible breeders/vendors that care just as much for these amazing animals.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Kibosh

Arachnoknight
Show us the cages full of dead T's where they are trying to make the spiders vegans.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I didnā€™t choose tarantulas, they chose me. I know this because it came to me in a vision one evening while eating a steak at our favorite seafood restaurant. The most appalling part of the whole thing was the conversation focused on me drinking Chardonnay instead of a red wine, very little on me wanting to keep a tarantula.

The only PETA thing Iā€™d probably support is if they come out with a line of toilet paper. But since I generally steer clear of this group Iā€™d likely not get the memo.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I highly support anything that can be done with illegal activities and smuggling
Didnā€™t know you supported illegal acquisition of animals.

Well let's get things rolling. For anyone that loves Peta.

I read that. Generally speaking thereā€™s not much wrong. Most new owners create the very situations mentioned in this article, such as escapes.

Should be required reading for those that post ā€œlost my T, what should I?ā€

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Didnā€™t know you supported illegal acquisition of animals.

I read that. Generally speaking thereā€™s not much wrong. Most new owners create the very situations mentioned in this article, such as escapes.

Should be required reading for those that post ā€œlost my T, what should I?ā€
Oh hell's bells...me and my stupid writing. I don't support anything illegal. Gonna change that so it is better understood.