“I Want To Raise A few As An Experiment”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarantula155

Arachnobaron
The "in the wild" argument has absolutely zero correlation to what humans are apparently capable of doing when we keep captive critters. You are not God. And just because YOU might not let these hybrids make their way into the hobby, doesn't mean you're not encouraging other people of less moral fiber to do so.
Exactly why I removed those pictures, end.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
You're right! She's a lovely lady with lots of information :)
Be smart all you want. You said AB was toxic well you just made it like that for trying to single out a member. Shame on you man, she’s a person and has feelings.

Tarantula155

Arachnobaron
Be smart all you want. You said AB was toxic well you just made it like that for trying to single out a member. Shame on you man, she’s a person and has feelings.
Oh boy, now this topic is about Vanessa and not the hybrids 🤔
Well, you guys have my word. You can obviously choose to believe it or not, but none of these slings will go out. Neither will any records of this hybridization.

Hakuna

Arachnoknight

Do the people in your life/around you know what to do with these slings in the event of your death or something along those lines? Just make sure they do, so those hybrids don’t get into the hobby.

aprilmayjunebugs

Fiery but Mostly Peaceful
Arachnosupporter
Wow now morality is coming into play? I taken you eat meat? Do you hunt too?
Lemme guess what makes that poor cricket or roach life better than a spider? I view them the same. This discussion will go no where, as we have very different perspectives on the specificity of certain arthropods opposed to others.

What certain organisms in the wild do is what nature intended them to do. When we keep them for ourselves, regardless of the reason for keeping them, we resign ourselves to the fact that we have to feed them what they eat in the wild, it's not like they can choose to sustain themselves on tofu so I'm not sure what we as humans eat has anything to do with it. And for the record, I was not engaging in a discussion, just sharing my opinion on the matter that clearly is more widely shared than yours. If you want the end of the discussion, you can simply not post anymore and ignore this storm that you started. And what the heck does Vanessa have to do with anything involving this topic? You don't like her now so she should get called out? I wonder if I'll be that infamous here someday, over an opinion.

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
What certain organisms in the wild do is what nature intended them to do. When we keep them for ourselves, regardless of the reason for keeping them, we resign ourselves to the fact that we have to feed them what they eat in the wild, it's not like they can choose to sustain themselves on tofu so I'm not sure what we as humans eat has anything to do with it. And for the record, I was not engaging in a discussion, just sharing my opinion on the matter that clearly is more widely shared than yours. If you want the end of the discussion, you can simply not post anymore and ignore this storm that you started. And what the heck does Vanessa have to do with anything involving this topic? You don't like her now so she should get called out? I wonder if I'll be that infamous here someday, over an opinion.
Everything you just said I agree with. Calling out someone is definitely not cool especially if they haven’t been included in any of this.

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
Everything you just said I agree with. Calling out someone is definitely not cool especially if they haven’t been included in any of this.
Agreed. I think the OP is just deflecting. A common tactic among the ignorant to avoid blame and criticism. (See Donald Trump)
I'm not sure what Vanessa has to do with any of this other than being an accomplished T keeper who is welcome to add her opinion.

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
Agreed. I think the OP is just deflecting. A common tactic among the ignorant who can't provide facts to support their point. (See Donald Trump)
I'm not sure what Vanessa has to do with any of this other than being an accomplished T keeper who is welcome to add her opinion.
Yeah, it’s just a petty move. OP panicked and deflected so they could hide - 100% agree. I hope she does.

Tarantula155

Arachnobaron
Yeah, it’s just a petty move. OP panicked and deflected so they could hide - 100% agree. I hope she does.
I didn't panic, I don't care. But clearly to the extent you guys went, it was a good choice to remove it to prevent further damage to this confliction. Don't worry, I'll be gone, you won't hear from me anymore on these boards kiddo ;)

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
I didn't panic, I don't care. But clearly to the extent you guys went, it was a good choice to remove it to prevent further damage to this confliction.
Please do, I’m tired of this. Last thing I want to say;
Freeze the sack. If a mistake happens and you accidentally sell one...that would be bad. Maybe next time don’t bring a random person into the conversation if you don’t want this to happen. Good. “Kiddo”? You are acting more immature with your deflecting than little old 14yo me ;)

Tarantula155

Arachnobaron
Please do, I’m tired of this. Last thing I want to say;
Freeze the sack. If a mistake happens and you accidentally sell one...that would be bad. Maybe next time don’t bring a random person into the conversation if you don’t want this to happen. Good. “Kiddo”? You are acting more immature with your deflecting than little old 14yo me ;)
Bringing Vanessa of all people into this is the last thing on my mind :lol: , you clearly don't know her and been around long enough to know about her lol

Adios!

Hi
Hope you don't get the below the wrong way.
Whatever you do in your collection is your business.Feel free to conduct whatever experiments float your boat if that is what is all about for you.
But once you post it on Internet it becomes a public knowledge.There are loads of folk coming here for information.On the other hand there are many new keepers with limited knowledge that dive into breeding without knowing what they are getting themselves into or just to try to make some profit out of the hobby that will come across your postings and assume its ok to do what you are doing.They may just cross breed and pass on(sell) hybrids light handed as pure breeds and thats not good for anyone isnt it.
So really you should be ashamed as much as you are amused for posting on this subject
Regards Konstantin

Status
Not open for further replies.