Сeratogyrus Marshalli help.

Maslorez

Arachnopeon
So i got adult C.Marshalli female today.It's been sent from another city by bus and delivery took 6 hours.Weather went nuts today at my place so it was snowing and like +1\-1 dergee by celsium.
It was packed nicely , but now after 5-10 minutes i see that some liquid(looks like water to me) is dripping from her fangs. Drops have decent size in my opinion.
I attached the picture but the my cam cant do a nice shot since the can is not very clear.I will do a better one when i rehouse it in a hour or so.
So my question is , should i start to worry about this dripping liquid situation or? If so what should i do to help the T?

P.S.
I am worrying a lot since i asked my fried who own T's for couple years and he told me that he had same situation with some P.Irminia adult female , she was dripping for 3 weeks and then died.

Last edited:

cold blood

Staff member
Thats what they often do when grooming....all ts do this.

Why would it take an hour to re house after unpacking? IMO they should go straight into their new enclosure when unpacked.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Why would it take an hour to re house after unpacking? IMO they should go straight into their new enclosure when unpacked.
True. And not only: IMO the enclosure should been already prepared at least days before (especially for Tropical/Asians, not of course with those).

cold blood

Staff member
True. And not only: IMO the enclosure should been already prepared at least days before (especially for Tropical/Asians, not of course with those).
yeah i always prepare them the night before i recieve...then leave the enclosures in the t room overnight so its the same temp.

Maslorez

Arachnopeon
Thats what they often do when grooming....all ts do this.

Thanks for the respond.Having some home problems that needs to be fixed fast =(
I just put it into the enclosure and dripps are gone , looks like you are right about "grooming" .

Maslorez

Arachnopeon
yeah i always prepare them the night before i recieve...then leave the enclosures in the t room overnight so its the same temp.

So i made a good picture.Now after rehouse i see that she is walking in the strange way , it looks to me like she is moving her legs pretty randomly, I will try to catch it on video. overall she is very passive.Now she just freezes at the top corner.I know that she had long travel , but i never had such an issue.
I own C.Darlingi and its always fast and well coordinated even.
Could it be dyskinetic syndrome?

P.S. i am in hobby not for a long time ,so forgive me if my questions are too noobish.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
yes, if it has a very twitchy way of moving- almost like its having a seizure- it could well be DKS. mind you, DKS is a made up term for tarantula poisoning; not a real thing. shes probably just adjusting otherwise.

Belegnole

Tarantula Guy
Old Timer
C. marshalli will walk in a very funny manner, especially in a new enclosure. They will waive one or more sets of legs in front of them while pacing slowing around. It looks a bit like when an aboreal or other species is unsure of an area but a bit more spastic.

I just got to watch mine do it for the first time in a year. Fresh rehouse, and there she was high stepping around for about fifteen minutes.

Maslorez

Arachnopeon
thanks for the responses ,guys.I am more calm and positive now.Well i think i will watch her for a day or two since i dont want to stress her out with forcing her to move for making a video.
Just in case if it could be DKS , should i Isolate her enclosure from the others?if so is it ok to place her in different corner of the room or should i take her into another room?

Belegnole

Tarantula Guy
Old Timer
Personally I don't think it's DKS. Plus it's a set of symptoms not an illness. So we haven't a clue really as to whether it could be shared etc. If you want to keep it away from the rest of your collection it won't hurt anything.

Oh, don't be surprised if she ends up living on the side of the enclosure for a day or two.