• The Review forums are closed to new reviews.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews.

Information on how to use our new Reviews section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

»ARACHNE« - the journal for keepers of tarantulas and other arachnids

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

The »ARACHNE« is the club magazine of the Deutsche Arachnologische Gesellschaft e.V. - the world's largest tarantula society!

It's published every second month. On app. 46 pages members find articles - including short summaries in English - around arachnids, focussing on tarantulas.

The format of the Journal is DIN A5 (148 x 210 mm / ~5,8 x ~8,2 inch). It's full colour and printed on high quality glossy paper.
There is a reading-sample available as free PDF file: >>click here<<
Topics of previous issues can be found here >>click here<< and here >>click here<<.

Meanwhile, »ARACHNE« has reached the status of a leading journal for European arachnologists.

For more information about the Deutsche Arachnologische Gesellschaft e.V. (DeArGe): >>click here<<

Last edited:

Michael Jacobi

ARACHNOCULTURE MAGAZINE
Old Timer
"ARACHNE" is a very high quality publication both in content and production. It is my own lofty goal to have my own "ARACHNOCULTURE" gain the readership that will allow for such nice printing.

I highly recommend that all serious hobbyists join DeArGe and receive "ARACHNE" even though it is a German language magazine. Martin mentions the status "ARACHNE" has reached among European arachnologists. If its influence indeed spreads across Europe, and DeArGe is the "world['s] largest tarantula society" as claimed, I would think that it is time the journal published an English edition so it is accessible internationally.

Cheers,

Michael