Sold to me as L. parahybana
F

Sold to me as L. parahybana

This T was sold to me as a L parahybana and it grows and eats like one, but it seems to have the coloration of a B. smithi.
yes..it's b.smithi..
wow it's very shocking that the previous owner or your local petstore sold it as L parahybana .
 
Koh_ said:
yes..it's b.smithi..
wow it's very shocking that the previous owner or your local petstore sold it as L parahybana .
I got it about a year ago at a half inch from northwest inverts, I believe. it is now about 3 to 3.5 inches. Dean is a great guy. I got 2 more B. smithi at the same time and the one that was supposed to be a L. parahybana was to small to have it's adult coloration, so it was an honest mistake. Honestly though I'm not complaining. I'd rather have a B. smithi anyways. Can't beat a B. smithi for the price of a L. parahybana!
 
A Brachy grew 3" in a year? How did that happen?

frtysxan2 said:
Koh_ said:
yes..it's b.smithi..
wow it's very shocking that the previous owner or your local petstore sold it as L parahybana .
I got it about a year ago at a half inch from northwest inverts, I believe. it is now about 3 to 3.5 inches. Dean is a great guy. I got 2 more B. smithi at the same time and the one that was supposed to be a L. parahybana was to small to have it's adult coloration, so it was an honest mistake. Honestly though I'm not complaining. I'd rather have a B. smithi anyways. Can't beat a B. smithi for the price of a L. parahybana!
 
snakecollector said:
A Brachy grew 3" in a year? How did that happen?

....if you keep it warm enough and feed often. By now I sound like a skipping record but my male boehmei is close to 5" after being a small 1.5-.75 at Nov. 6th last year. Check out "Terry D's photo thread". The latest pic of the largest of the 2 boehmei, #2, was taken on April 16th 2010. It molted again 5-09-10. Who dat says Brachy can't grow fast!?


frtysxan2 said:
Koh_ said:
yes..it's b.smithi..
wow it's very shocking that the previous owner or your local petstore sold it as L parahybana .
I got it about a year ago at a half inch from northwest inverts, I believe. it is now about 3 to 3.5 inches. Dean is a great guy. I got 2 more B. smithi at the same time and the one that was supposed to be a L. parahybana was to small to have it's adult coloration, so it was an honest mistake. Honestly though I'm not complaining. I'd rather have a B. smithi anyways. Can't beat a B. smithi for the price of a L. parahybana!
 
frtysxan2 (hope I got that right),

Lucky and nice find. Well-marked indiv. of the sp to boot! Inadvertently left this out of my initial reply!

Terry

48, huh?
 

Media information

Category
Tarantula Identification
Added by
frtysxan2
Date added
View count
2,381
Comment count
8
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Top