@Dman I had left the screens on because I have never had an issue but some one so know just lost an adult female Poecilotheria (don’t remember which one) because she got stuck in the screen and dangled there until death.
So I have used packing tape around all the edges to keep the T’s off the screen. It seems to work. There is a space in the middle that is just the screen but so far I haven’t seen them on that part
@Drea I know the verdict is to replace them. I have never had an issue however, for the arboreal T's I make sure that there is an anchor point somewhere within leg span of the T in case it occurs and they can have something to grab on to. I rarely see her on the screen. I do like the extra air flow for the Avic's especially. My P. cam also has the screen attached but my others I have swapped out.