Found a bunch of these this morning. Interesting that they’re all along one street (from what I saw) and all look to be not fully grown. It’s also in the main downtown area of the city I live in. I would have expected them to be dispersed out of the way.
Everything I read says they are painful as all heck but that for a healthy human it shouldn’t be fatal. Basically the elderly, the fairly young could succumb.
Fun fact: my phone camera sucks (it can’t focus for anything) so I have to almost put it on top of the poor thing to snap a photo. Thankfully this one was cooperative.
@moshpitpanda there are no known poisonous spiders. Latrodectus venom can be very toxic, and drop for drop, is some of the most toxic venom out there. What @lostbrane said is correct though. Unless you’re very young, very old or have some preexisting condition, a bite will rarely be lethal.