Zoropsis spinimana

mromero92

Arachnopeon
I recently ID'd a spider that i have been finding here in sunnyvale CA for as long as i can remember. I believe them to be Zoropsis spinimana which are an invasive species from the Mediterranean. I contacted an entomologist at the california academy of sciences about it. im taking pictures tomorow and was wondering if anyone wanted to see them?

melanie5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have 1 male and 2 females here. Pretty cool spiders, mine are from France.

Tarantula_Hawk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yea, definitely her. So you're saying there are lots of them where you live?

mromero92

Arachnopeon
oh yes there are lots here. every year around this time we find large numbers of them inside our house. they are pretty cool spiders and are great eaters too.

Tarantula_Hawk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice stuff. Very common in houses, the main nightmare for aracnophobics who feel safe inside their bedrooms. {D
Here's the female im keeping at the moment:

h55d

Arachnosquire
Does anyone have some tips on how to keep them? My sister rescued a juv one one week ago and I kept it since. Poor thing has 2 broken legs.

I've put mine in a small faunarium at room temperature, put a small layer of substrate and branches and stuff to make a decor and places to climb and hide, and it looks very active at night! I've been feeding it baby crickets and they don't last long until Zoro finds them. I'm interested in your setups!

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
@h55d, you might have better luck starting your own thread to ask this question, as this thread is 10 years old and the original poster hasn't been on here in 9.

Thanks,

Arthroverts