Zopherus haldemani Care Questions

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
I recently bought an ironclad beetle. I'll keep it in my darkling beetle tank. I know that the care is the same as with most other darkling beetles, but I was told that these beetles eat lichen in nature. Can they be fed anything else? Can I just feed them carrots and dog food like I do with my other darklings?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
First off, super jealous you got one of those! That's a species I've been wanting to keep for a while. In terms of care, you can experiment with different pieces of lichen and see if they go for them or not. If you don't want to try that, I'm sure carrots and dog food would still work.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
FYI panna, BIC is selling these right now.
To the OP, pannaking basically covered it, I've also heard that ironclads like shelf fungi.

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
:mask:
FYI panna, BIC is selling these right now.
To the OP, pannaking basically covered it, I've also heard that ironclads like shelf fungi.
They're out of stock on bugs in cyberspace. I bought the last one. (Sorry!) Thanks, both of you. I'm not gonna go on a lichen hunt, so I'll just add some mushrooms to the food bowl!

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Dang, just missed them then! Oh well, maybe next time. Enjoy it! :)

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Larvae develop within the outer bark of Pecans, sycamores, elms, and other hardwood trees. They lay eggs in the crevices of the bark. Adults eat fungi, lichens, berries, soft flowers, etc.

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
Larvae develop within the outer bark of Pecans, sycamores, elms, and other hardwood trees. They lay eggs in the crevices of the bark. Adults eat fungi, lichens, berries, soft flowers, etc.
I was wondering when you'd show up, smokehound. You always know the answers to things like these. ;)