Zoo Med Temp/Humidity Controller

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
I am also very curious about this product... Would be a good idea I think for Theraphosa and other picky Genus'

Risky

Arachnosquire
One of the main reasons I was thinking about getting it is due to the fact that I spend 50% of my time away from the location I keep my scorpions (plan on getting more pets in the future). While I'm away I can only cross my fingers and hope the temp/humidity is right. I figured this may help.

OT: 2oCHEVYo0, what type of Chevy are you sporting? I used to build/show custom GM trucks before my son was born. I got rid of my trucks a few years back but I still have an 06 Trailblazer SS - horrible MPG, but lots of fun.

Risky

Arachnosquire
I went ahead and ordered it online. Figured I can give it a try. If it's worthless I'll just return it.

Risky

Arachnosquire
So I finally got the HygroTherm controller running today. The initial programming instructions don't make a lot of sense. It tells you how to program it, but it doesn't specify what you're programming. With some trial and error I did it setup properly. With it up and running correctly, it's definitely worth the money! I don't have a humidifier running into it - I have managed acceptable humidy without one thus far. However, I connected a heat lamp to it. The heat lamp turns on automatically should the heat drop below 82 degrees. It only dropped below 82 once today and the heat lamp warmed the enclosure to 84 before it shut off. With "night mode" I have the threshold set to 75 degrees. At this point the only things I would prefer the HygroTherm had were suction cups (for the temp/humid guage and the control unit + better instructions.

jarmst4

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I was recently looking, initially I read some bad reviews on it. I wanna say... On amazon maybe. Hopefully it works out for you. I went ahead and bit the bullet and bought a vivarium electronics thermostat with the night drop module built in. Hopefully I'll have it by Monday, should work well for my reptile racks.

Risky

Arachnosquire
I was recently looking, initially I read some bad reviews on it. I wanna say... On amazon maybe. Hopefully it works out for you. I went ahead and bit the bullet and bought a vivarium electronics thermostat with the night drop module built in. Hopefully I'll have it by Monday, should work well for my reptile racks.
Let us know what you think of that one. Does it do humidity also or just temp?