Zombie tarantula

Amos aranha

Arachnosquire
Bro
Its a molt in his mouth, not the actual spider. ;)

If you collected this specimen from outside again, then just put it back where you found it and let nature take its course.
she is my outdoor tarantula breeding setup. I will never let this parasite escape alive

I mean she were

Last edited by a moderator:

Amos aranha

Arachnosquire
They are native and live in the city. Im my backyard i release ling and i make incubation of eggs i found in backyard and i dont want this parasite. Dude how do i know??? Look at her! She is a <edit> vegetal the abdomem is full with larvy

Okay...how do you know there's a parasite? And why would you keep her outdoors, the rules of captivity don't apply there.
She is missing 2 legs. The fight was fierce

I wait for it rises to show you

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Why keep her outside? And how would that ever be a good idea?

If there is a parasite, there's really nothing you can do.

Stop swearing. Doesn't sound cool and it's against the rules.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
They are native and live in the city. Im my backyard i release ling and i make incubation of eggs i found in backyard and i dont want this parasite. Dude how do i know??? Look at her! She is a <edit> vegetal the abdomem is full with larvy
I wait for it rises to show you
Predatory wasp most likely, the larvae will slowly eat her from the inside. If you knew they were around, why would you risk keeping her outside...not the smartest move man.

Amos aranha

Arachnosquire
Predatory wasp most likely, the larvae will slowly eat her from the inside. If you knew they were around, why would you risk keeping her outside...not the smartest move man.
Cuz i dont have such space to so many tarantulas, and they are native, i help them as i can . killing the wasp

Amos aranha

Arachnosquire
I thought was 10/10.. I cant burn i nees to see the face of this disgustig insect

Ill wait this <edit> out of the spider and post a picture here in this very topic

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
Large parasitic wasps lay their eggs on the outside of the spider and then the larvae burrow into it. They also only lay eggs in the victim once it's in a secure burrow so I don't think the parasite is from a wasp

IMO I would just dispose of the tarantula. That spider is long gone

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
Large parasitic wasps lay their eggs on the outside of the spider and then the larvae burrow into it. They also only lay eggs in the victim once it's in a secure burrow so I don't think the parasite is from a wasp
Definitely agree. If it is a parasite, which I'm not convinced it is, it's likely a member of Acroceridae, if it is an insect, or its a worm, possibly nematomorpha or mermithidae. There are ectoparasitic wasp species that don't paralyze the spider, but they're more little vampires and would probably be visible in stages late enough to do this to a T, if they could at all.

Last edited:

Amos aranha

Arachnosquire
Bro i agree with you , i think is a worm, i cant loss this tarantula bro. We must see this <edit>, dont you wana know wat is inside?

I had one 4 years ago died by a worm parasit. But was a diferent parasite, german cientist stefan kurdsier told me was a worm that entered trhough the lungs, and i saw the <edit> but he leave the spider and died i sont know why but i have a picture somewhere

But. She wasnr a zombie. She was beautifull i took lots of pictures wih her in hand she was a normal spider she even molted. But the spider never ate i never could feed her 4 months or 3 passed and the worm got outside ans she finaly rest , so this case is diferent cuz now is a complete zobie

That <edit> is a fly look my print read it

http://zoacao40.com.br/especies-de-moscas-que-voce-nao-gostaria-de-conhecer/ they say this.fly stays 10 years inside the tarantula :panda::panda:

Wanted dead or alive

Attachments

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
I personally wouldn't trust that type of an article, it doesn't even site any sources.

Edit: however, I did find this https://bugguide.net/node/view/7016 which states 5-10 for parasites of mygalomorphs, so if that is an juvenile Lasiodora, chances are it is not this type of parasite, or if it is, it is too early for it to be mature and emerging before the spider passes.

Last edited:

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
i thought the same but it is a long cicle for a fly, months i saw with my eyes
I'm not sure why you're convinced that it is a parasite to begin with, it could be a number of problems from impaction, to internal defects, to some kind of environmental hazard that did it in, especially given it is a wild caught specimen. Until a parasite emerges or is removed post mortem there is nothing suggesting that this IS a parasite.