zimbabwee grey

averagebehr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
anyone have any pics and info on Pterinochilus meridionalis,also being called zimbabwee grey?

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
averagebehr said:
anyone have any pics and info on Pterinochilus meridionalis,also being called zimbabwee grey?
Search under Ceratogyrus meridionalis here.

G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the name Pterinochilus meridionalis has been changed to Ceratogyrus meridionalis as bill (Fry) has stated

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Nice Pic of one of Phil females in this >Thread< (i use that a wallpaper sometimes as they are my fav Cerato ;) )

averagebehr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thankyou that really helped me decide to pick up afew to try breeding them.

Wh1teshark

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh, what a beautiful spider! It would good in my collection...

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
averagebehr said:
thankyou that really helped me decide to pick up afew to try breeding them.
If there W/C give them a check for there belly band a lot of P.chordatus are sold as Zimbabwe grey's as well (even tho most of them are from Tanzania).

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
versus said:
c.meridionalis :D
Versus have you checked her underside for a cream band (like P.regalis) as her markings around the eyes look very P.chordatus :?

versus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hi frylock....
so u meant it was p.chordatus?
i'm not very sure bout this fella as i found the pic on scott's T looks alike...
but i think i'm wrong this time.. :)

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
versus said:
hi frylock....
so u meant it was p.chordatus?
i'm not very sure bout this fella as i found the pic on scott's T looks alike...
but i think i'm wrong this time.. :)
NP i thought you had to so you could check her, they can look very close but iv seen a lot being sold online as C.meridionalis that were more lightly P.chordatus,
The markings on both can vary but if you look close at the marking on the spiders in Phil's pictures on the link i posted and compair them to that spider you will see the differnce in the "mask" around the eyes but the way to tell for sure is to check for the belly band al la P.reg.

phil

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
FryLock said:
NP i thought you had to so you could check her, they can look very close but iv seen a lot being sold online as C.meridionalis that were more lightly P.chordatus,
The markings on both can vary but if you look close at the marking on the spiders in Phil's pictures on the link i posted and compair them to that spider you will see the differnce in the "mask" around the eyes but the way to tell for sure is to check for the belly band al la P.reg.
HI Guys
I'd agree with fry, looks more like P.chordatus ;)
here are the pix i took for a recent breeding article on C.meridionalis, this will help distinguish between P.chordatus and C.meridionalis.
the 1st two pix are P.chordatus, notice the absence of the cream band under the abdomen, this specimen is a bit faded as it moulted shortly after thse pics were taken.

the next two pix are C.meridionalis.

hope this helps :)